Is Anyone Selling Plasma In Authorised Dealership Stoers In India?

paritosh

Hi everyone!

It has been a long time since I have posted. But, just going through the threads here, I started doubting whether a good plasma is available in stores in India or not? I have a gigantic preference over plasma as I have seen LED and LCDs at other places installed and I find the performance way below my Panny.

Please let me know as the television at my main room has run for over 7 years and I would love to get my hands on a good Plasma Screen before they are completely taken off the market. I have not faced any issues through out the service life of the installed TV and it is used for at least 5 to 7 hours a day.

Awaiting your replies.

Regards,
Paritosh A Jani

Hi Paritosh,

It looks like even Panny have taken off their Plasma TV Portfolio from their consumer web-site. I searched for Plasma and could find only a few display panels.

I too own a Plasma TV while my BIL owns a 4K UHD TV, I still love watching movies and sports on the Panny rather than the 4K.

Unfortunately I don't know if any of the other brands do offer Plasma technology.

Best Regards,
Rajiv

It is almost impossible to get a plasma now-a-days. It is all LED, OLED etc.

After all plasma is "old" technology" according to the sales guys is it not? :) :)

Only option is to search for used. I should know, I have one!

A few are on offer from LG and Samsung still.

Look thru online sellers on shopping sites.

One thing to note though and I feel sorry to sound dispassionate but buying a plasma now is not a clinically right decision due to scarcity of spares.

And let's face it, we are talking about electronics, nothing goes wrong for decades and sometimes it happens within days of purchase.

Do weight it out in terms of your ability to hunt for spares and making innumerable calls to service center guys.

I hate to sound like a heartless guy although I myself own a plasma.

I'm always dreading faults with my plasma.

It doesnt make sense to invest big money in a plasma now.

You can hunt for used ones available under 30k. That gives you ample padding even if it goes kaput early.

Please consider before buying.

my 2 paisa

I own a 32" LG32PC5 Plasma for over 7 years, it has given good service and not a day's problem

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back