Is Audio CD dead as well?

matbhuvi

I am not able to find Audio CDs of the latest tamil movies anywhere. With the release of songs in YouTube, saavn, primemusic and other streaming portals, looks like Audio CD is dead as well :(.

Bad era for an audiophile.

Looks like it. I bought a few from Amazon recently - mostly regional music - and the quality of the physical media itself was terrible.

Yes CDs are dead now :( I used to find CD racks in Odyssey and Starmark in Chennai just a couple of years back. The rack is removed and limited to only what is left - some devotional and kids stuff. Soon even that will disappear. We have to wait for CD resurgence like Vinyl resurgence at some point !

There is no lossless streaming service like Tidal or spotify. Some paid version streaming services offer 320kbps as ultra HD :mad:

Cds are very rare to get now days! bt recently think music and sony has released some of the gem titles again!!

Vaagai soodava
vaaranam aayiram
maryan
vinnaithaandi varuvaaya
vip 1( danush)

got all these cds in MRP-100 TO 125rs and quality was very good!! happy to grab all these in chennai local music shops!!

ar rahmans kadal movie is about to come in line!! soon ........

@mathbhuvi - since u are staying in bangalore ... check out .. Raga Tharangini in SP road for tamil audio CD's ...He told me that , he is the dealer / distributor for tamil cd's in bangalore .. its a very small shop . check the link below

https://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/...-P-Road/080PXX80-XX80-140617214041-N5A2_BZDET

CD's are now being released again . Below is the list of CD's released in the last few months which I have purchased from chennai

Pyaar Prema Kaadhal
Sandakozhi 2
Yaakkai
Seethakaathi
96 - Soundtrack + Background Score
Oru Kuppai Kathai
Raja Ranguski
Pyaar Prema Kaadhal - Soundtrack + Background Score
Genius
Seema Raja
Vada Chennai
Pariyerum Perumal - Soundtrack + Background Score
Chekka Chivantha Vaanam
Sarkar
Velai Illa Pattadhari - Premium Edition
Maari 2
Petta
Viswasam (Lahari Audio)

I stay in mumbai and I have a contact in chennai , who couriers CD"s to me . In case u are interested , I can share his contact details . But I would suggest , you first check out Raga Tharangini

Cds are very rare to get now days! bt recently think music and sony has released some of the gem titles again!!

Vaagai soodava
vaaranam aayiram
maryan
vinnaithaandi varuvaaya
vip 1( danush)

got all these cds in MRP-100 TO 125rs and quality was very good!! happy to grab all these in chennai local music shops!!

ar rahmans kadal movie is about to come in line!! soon ........

is it possible to get a CD of the Tamil move Duet in 1994? Its far better than the chopped off hindi version. One of my favourites from Rahman and Kadri Gopalnath.

I agree to the topic, seems CD production has taken backseat, I have been searching AndhaDhun for long but no sign anywhere. Seems people are too fond of playing from youtube these days owing to cheap data plans and also another popular option is subscribing to free streaming services, even downloading mp3 is a thing of past.

you can get duet original versions of pyramid discs! but still it will be bad in shape! also over priced! cd sellers quotes 2k to 5k plus for rahman and raja titles! such a great comedy for disc price!! just enjoy with rips for raja and rahman music! don try hunting! it will be painfull

Good to know that Tamil CDs are still being produced. I don't understand Tamil but am a fan of most of Rahman's Tamil albums.

you can get duet original versions of pyramid discs! but still it will be bad in shape! also over priced! cd sellers quotes 2k to 5k plus for rahman and raja titles! such a great comedy for disc price!! just enjoy with rips for raja and rahman music! don try hunting! it will be painfull

good quality wavs from a paid subscription of as low as 200 rupees are available on tamilhdaudio website

good quality wavs from a paid subscription of as low as 200 rupees are available on tamilhdaudio website

That's piracy though.

Anyhow, I have tried some of these flac/wav files from different web sites and compared with CD audio. If you look at the spek results, they are same as mp3. Some are good. But, most are converted to flac/wav from mp3 only.

Yes CDs are dead now :( I used to find CD racks in Odyssey and Starmark in Chennai just a couple of years back. The rack is removed and limited to only what is left - some devotional and kids stuff. Soon even that will disappear. We have to wait for CD resurgence like Vinyl resurgence at some point !
I picked up most of the English stuff left at landmark nungabakkam some years back when they had everything on sale to close of audio CD division. It was a steal day for me that I got lot of sealed english imported cds for as low as 25 rupees!!! Sad they audio CD for Indian music is obsolete.

online downloads all r not good i can say! some r good and some r bad rip! spek results goes so crazy! one of my friend literally spent more than days to identify and clear his collections !! sad that now he is looking for cds to rip on his own way! DBrip is better than EAC !in my openion! whenever find a chance to grab any cd pls grab it and RIP ! Save it in HDD

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back