Is card billing statement sufficient proof under consumer laws?

from battered speakers rectified, to 'expensive' washed trousers exchanged, things couldn't get better for the denizens of this forum...

This week seems to be a really good one for grieved customers..normally you dont see this back to back..
is suppose this requires a mention in dealer/feedback section..
maybe would help customers to make purchases (specific dates/weeks in the year when the companies are at their generous best) ..:lol:

of course the flip side is that Gobble pants are prolly going to be sold to some unsuspecting bloke..

of course the flip side is that Gobble pants are prolly going to be sold to some unsuspecting bloke..

Hey
I washed them and pressed them .... Do I get paid any service charges?!!!!;)

Unfair! Unfair! :mad: :)

Sent from my iPod touch

legalities apart, told you that you may be pleasantly surprised. the fact that they did not grumble was a bonus. hope you double checked the size this time.

They literally forced me to try it on ....
I did not protest.... :)

Sent from my iPod touch

Edit::: An amp that malfunctions 2 days after purchase is not brand new and certainly cannot be sold to another customer, but does that mean one should not demand an exchange. while this may seem like compares apples & oranges; it's actually the same thing - the owner of both the amp and the trousers have paid for a product that they cannot use.

cheers

An amp is not a pair of trousers. As a parallel, if you bought an amp and opened up the chassis and in the process scratched up the screws, within the first 2 days and demanded a refund or returned it if it was allowable, then it would still not be considered new.

In this case the OP washed it, so irrespective of if it was right size or not, then I think it does validate an exchange. If he indeed noticed the screw up before washing, then yes he should have been allowed a refund or exchange.

This is the reason most retailers emphasize on being in "original packaging" which means the product is new as in its come from the warehouse and has not been opened for any reason.

An amp is not a pair of trousers. As a parallel, if you bought an amp and opened up the chassis and in the process scratched up the screws, within the first 2 days and demanded a refund or returned it if it was allowable, then it would still not be considered new.

In this case the OP washed it, so irrespective of if it was right size or not, then I think it does validate an exchange. If he indeed noticed the screw up before washing, then yes he should have been allowed a refund or exchange.

This is the reason most retailers emphasize on being in "original packaging" which means the product is new as in its come from the warehouse and has not been opened for any reason.

your example is hardly a parallel! for most people, in most parts of the world, washing and pressing is part of the "regular use" of a garment. ( different perspective?:rolleyes:)
scratching; opening up the chassis, is hardly regular use!! apart from voidign the warantee

as for washing a garment before use, apart from the fact in many cases it's manufacturer recommended; it's also a sound hygiene practice! god knows who has/how many have worn the trousers before you got it! don't you agree?

hey!, he's had a happy ending! that's what matters.

Chill guys,
Thanks for the inputs. The legal gyaan was good, so was the opportunity to indulge in mild distractions from audiophile neuroses and nit-picking over merits of audio gear ! :)

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch

The thread title should be changed to something like The Happy Ending to Gobble's Trousers! :)

Now, please post details of any changes to audio performance when wearing these trousers! ;)

The thread title should be changed to something like The Happy Ending to Gobble's Trousers! :)

Now, please post details of any changes to audio performance when wearing these trousers! ;)

Ummm...

The rustling sounds this trouser makes.... It's hard to say where they come from!! Like good speakers.... these trousers disappear!!!! I have to look down to reassure myself I'm wearing them.. Whew! :eek:

I stepped into a coffee shop.... My appearance had quite an impact on some pretty young things. Imaging is very good with these trousers.. :)

"Nice body...." one of the gals whispered as she gave me a good look, while I stood at the counter, posing in my new trousers... :licklips:

So the body,imaging and soundstage all seem to be good :D

Sent from my iPod touch

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back