Is it possible to split Tata Sky or any DTH signal - into one for Audio and one for Video?

arnprasad

Hi All,

My nephews have a 15 year old Yamaha HTIB - works well except it has no HDMI. I wanted them to upgrade the current small flat screen of their grandparents into a projector set up. So the components will be a HD DTH set top box, a 15K cheapo Chinese projector like Aun and Projector screen and Yamaha HTIB without HDMI

The only solution I can think of is to buy a Sound bar as I cannot think of a practical way to send audio to Yamaha and video to the projector.

Any practical suggestions to use the Yamaha HTIB along with the projector? I dont want to run RCA as I want signals @ 1080i that DTB provides. Say the suggestion is that the Yamaha HTIB cannot be used, I hope I can link the DTH setup box and the sound bar and the projector without the need for a AV Receiver.

Apart from using the Yamaha HTIB as stereo setup = what other uses does it have in this HDMI world? Sad its lying unused

Hi All,

My nephews have a 15 year old Yamaha HTIB - works well except it has no HDMI. I wanted them to upgrade the current small flat screen of their grandparents into a projector set up. So the components will be a HD DTH set top box, a 15K cheapo Chinese projector like Aun and Projector screen and Yamaha HTIB without HDMI

The only solution I can think of is to buy a Sound bar as I cannot think of a practical way to send audio to Yamaha and video to the projector.

Any practical suggestions to use the Yamaha HTIB along with the projector? I dont want to run RCA as I want signals @ 1080i that DTB provides. Say the suggestion is that the Yamaha HTIB cannot be used, I hope I can link the DTH setup box and the sound bar and the projector without the need for a AV Receiver.

Apart from using the Yamaha HTIB as stereo setup = what other uses does it have in this HDMI world? Sad its lying unused

Many DTH boxes also have an optical out for audio only.

i use a LG OLED tv..... i use a HDMI connected to my denon reciever input marked TV. so when i watch tv the picture is on the screen and the sound comes via the denon to my speakers. works fine. when u do this the TV volume control is disabled.

I have Onkyo HTIB which is 17 years old (no HDMI) and works fine. I have connected D2h STB to HTR using a digital coax and TV to HTR with a optical cable. That way I get right audio stream form STB to HTR and Firestick to HTR.
In your case, you can check the STB and Yamaha HTR for what connection works best.

Hi All,

DTH Box does not have an Optical out? I used one in my Airtel DTH for many years. Does the HTIB have optical input?

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back