Is it true?

himadri

The last few days i have been listening to music with the display switched off on my CD player.I felt that the sound is smoother than with the display on, especially in higher SPLs . Is it true or am I imagining things?
cheers
himadri
my rig -denon dcd700ae *pma2000ivr*deftech 7004s*qed

The last few days i have been listening to music with the display switched off on my CD player.I felt that the sound is smoother than with the display on, especially in higher SPLs . Is it true or am I imagining things?
cheers
himadri
my rig -denon dcd700ae *pma2000ivr*deftech 7004s*qed

I feel the same with my Marantz CD6002 - less emi from the display circuitry apparently improves the frequency balance ...

I too wonder all the time if i am imagining things ... :)

Regards

..or is it just that the display light is distracting you guys from getting into the music...mebbe you can try closing your eyes and do the test again..!! :)

As per Marantz CD6003 CD player manual, playing can be done in 3 modes, namely AUDIO EX OFF, EX 1 and EX 2. It says EX 2 mode gives best audio quality for analog outputs - Pitch Control - will not be usable, Digital Output - will be OFF, and DISPLAY - none during play.

Of course I don't know the logic.
Joshua

As per Marantz CD6003 CD player manual, playing can be done in 3 modes, namely AUDIO EX OFF, EX 1 and EX 2. It says EX 2 mode gives best audio quality for analog outputs - Pitch Control - will not be usable, Digital Output - will be OFF, and DISPLAY - none during play.

Of course I don't know the logic.
Joshua

Display does not go off automatically in EX2 mode. There is a different button for that. :)

HTH

Well play music with your friend-
1st let him enter the room,let him start music with his choice,
Now you enter the room with eyes closed.
Now ask him to change setting & now you discover which sounds better.

Thanks a lot guys. Now i know for sure especially with Audio reinforcing it technically and Spiro, the blind test is a good idea.Shall let you know after the experiment.
cheers
Himadri

My CD player sounds even sweeter when I put it in OFF state.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know somehow my Norge amp sounds much better when I clean/blow the dust off its heat sink.
Strange!

I think it may be caused because the removal of dust improves the heat transfer from sink to atmosphere. Thus cooling the amp internals by 0.001 degree celcius, thereby improving the sound quality.

one of the Oppo reviews (or maybe in the manual, i forget which) recommends this for the 980H, for audio only listening.

also, i'm told the option exists to dim the otherwise bright/harsh blue LEDs when seeing a movie in theatre settings (read dark/ish room). of course, this is a video only suggestion.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back