Is it worth repairing a TV post warranty?

Motherboard or other fried knickknacks, i feel yes. Panel NO as it will cost more than the depreciated value of the tv with limited 6-12 month warranty.

Well, my TV has one year warranty and two years extended warranty. But it's panel got repaired within a month of purchase date and the replaced panel also was faulty. So they replaced it and it is going good. But after three years if some fault happens, I think it will be a wasted effort repairing the TV.

With fast changing technology 3 years is a long period and you may prefer the latest technology so it is better to sell the present TV within the warranty period and buy one with latest features.

Enjoy your TV till you can. Why think about what is going to happen three years later and put an unnecessary burden on youself.

I had my LG TV's warranty extended for 7 years. A 2-3 year warranty costs some 10k. That may be a good option.

My Sanyo that is over 8 years old is still working well with minor repairs.

It is a question of how you use the TV and how your financial vs upgrade lusts balance out.

Cheers.

I had my LG TV's warranty extended for 7 years. A 2-3 year warranty costs some 10k. That may be a good option.

My Sanyo that is over 8 years old is still working well with minor repairs.

It is a question of how you use the TV and how your financial vs upgrade lusts balance out.

Cheers.
Lucky. But Sony will never extend warranty for 7 yes.

Sony has a habit of creating products that die in 2-3 years. They have really gone out of the way to optimise technology to perfect that.

Today, Sony does not hold much technical lead in any area. An LG, Samsung or others have similar technologies, are much cheaper, and last longer.

I stopped using Sony after the death of the Walkman.

I don't have a single Sony product. The TVs are Sharp, LG and TCL. The fridge and microwave are Sharp, communication equipment are all Panasonic. LG offers extended warranty. I do hope TCL does the same. For Sharp I have a genuine service Engineer who does a good job. That is all I need.

Last edited:
Sony has a habit of creating products that die in 2-3 years. They have really gone out of the way to optimise technology to perfect that.

Today, Sony does not hold much technical lead in any area. An LG, Samsung or others have similar technologies, are much cheaper, and last longer.

I stopped using Sony after the death of the Walkman.

I don't have a single Sony product. The TVs are Sharp, LG and TCL. The fridge and microwave are Sharp, communication equipment are all Panasonic. LG offers extended warranty. I do hope TCL does the same. For Sharp I have a genuine service Engineer who does a good job. That is all I need.
Sony makes excellent mirrorless cameras and ANC headphones.

Yes, I do believe their cameras have started competing with Nikon and Canon. They are meant for professionals, though it will take some time for professionals to switch from Nikon and Canon they have been using for donkey's years.

And yes, Sony headphones are quite popular and available in a wide price range.

I was referring more to their electronic items. One area where they are making a stand is in AVRs. Their AVRs have been winning awards every year.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back