Is it worth transporting KEF LS50 WIRELESS to Europe?

manojchandrasekar

Dear Mates,

I am moving to the Netherlands in Europe, by end of this month, and I would like to seek your advise if it's really worth moving my LS50 WIRELESS to Europe.

1. Should i invest to get a step-down converter
2. Will the step down impact sound quality
3. Is it even safe to transport it as a check in luggage (packed in original box)
4. If I have to leave it in India will there be any problem with the electronics, as it will be unused for 1 or 2 years

Please advise

Regards,
Manoj

20230403_000747.jpg20230403_000904.jpg

Attachments

• 20230403_000446.jpg
    20230403_000446.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 6
Dear Mates,

I am moving to the Netherlands in Europe, by end of this month, and I would like to seek your advise if it's really worth moving my LS50 WIRELESS to Europe.

1. Should i invest to get a step-down converter
2. Will the step down impact sound quality
3. Is it even safe to transport it as a check in luggage (packed in original box)
4. If I have to leave it in India will there be any problem with the electronics, as it will be unused for 1 or 2 years

Please advise

Regards,
Manoj
Not sure about Netherlands but in UK you don't need a step down as the power requirements is same as India at 230v @ 50 hz. Hence assuming it may be same over there so you may not need a step down transformer. But pls do check this again.
At the most the power plug pins may be different. If so then you can buy a multiplug power strip from there.
Regarding excess baggage you may need to check with the airline for the max limit which is generally 25 kgs and the requisite excess baggage charges.
In its original box packing, it should be good to go after sticking fragile stickers on it.

Entire Europe is 230V. the plug is a Schuko so a usual 3 pin plug here will not work but a 2 prong plug will. you can always bay a simple adaptor for it.

IF you can, Id suggest taking it with you. its easier to sell and upgrade later there anyway and bring your new speaker as a TR. Leaving it behind is not a problem as long as you pack it dustproof.

View attachment 76875View attachment 76876View attachment 76875View attachment 76876
Not sure about Netherlands but in UK you don't need a step down as the power requirements is same as India at 230v @ 50 hz. Hence assuming it may be same over there so you may not need a step down transformer. But pls do check this again.
At the most the power plug pins may be different. If so then you can buy a multiplug power strip from there.
Regarding excess baggage you may need to check with the airline for the max limit which is generally 25 kgs and the requisite excess baggage charges.
In its original box packing, it should be good to go after sticking fragile stickers on it.
Thanks for the advise Nitin!

Entire Europe is 230V. the plug is a Schuko so a usual 3 pin plug here will not work but a 2 prong plug will. you can always bay a simple adaptor for it.

IF you can, Id suggest taking it with you. its easier to sell and upgrade later there anyway and bring your new speaker as a TR. Leaving it behind is not a problem as long as you pack it dustproof.
Thanks for the advise arj

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back