Is my selection of TV, Refrigerator and Soundbar wise and correct? Any thing else that you would suggest, which offer better value for money?

testlink

I am looking around for a TV, Fridge, Soundbar for my home and plan to buy it end of this month. Are my below choices, correct / ok? Any thing that you would suggest that offer better value for money?

1. Refrigerator
SAMSUNG 700 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator (Gentle Silver Matt, RS72R5001M9/TL) - Rs. 77,490.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 700ltr space

2. TV
LG 165.1 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 65NANO73TPZ (Ashed Blue) (2021 Model) - Rs. 99,999.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 65" and upwards, 2021 or latest model

3. SoundBar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Dolby ATMOS with Wireless Surround Sound 500 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Black, 5.1 Channel) - Rs. 43,821

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum Dolby Atmos sound bar with wireless sub woofer and upfiring speakers

Any help highly appreciated. TIA

Nano on an ips screen is the same as quantum dot in ips. Samsung has its QN90A flagship in a similar panel ADS. So I would say other than higher contrast not a bad choice. But pls do rate and review it here. Motorola sound bar is not value for money for its Rs.43000 - better alternative was Zebronics ZEB-JUKE BAR 9700 PRO DOLBY ATMOS Bluetooth Home Theater Soundbar With Subwoofer Supporting 4K HDR, Wall Mount, USB, AUX, Optical IN, 3xHDMI & Remote Control. (450 Watt, 2.1.2 Channel) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08R1G9ZJM...abc_FE5C4YWDBZE2X5FBYKDH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

for half the price. As Atmos in sound bars are just upward firing sounds and so the least economical variant of that quest is what I recommended above.

Fridge is a good choice. Side by side door. I have that one and it is good.

I am looking around for a TV, Fridge, Soundbar for my home and plan to buy it end of this month. Are my below choices, correct / ok? Any thing that you would suggest that offer better value for money?

3. SoundBar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Dolby ATMOS with Wireless Surround Sound 500 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Black, 5.1 Channel) - Rs. 43,821

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum Dolby Atmos sound bar with wireless sub woofer and upfiring speakers

Instead of a soundbar why not Q-Acoustics-m20-hd from Hifi Mart? You can add a Sub to them later on if required.

MaSh

It is a small living room. Dimension is 402 x 600. Please see the attached pic. I dont want the living room to be clutterd. So just a sound bar + Subwoofer is fine, provided the soundbar has all the drivers inc upfiring. Thanks...

Attachments

• LivingRoom.JPG
    LivingRoom.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 17
Sorry too costly. No value for money with no subwoofer.
The subwoofer is just the low-end, the real sound is from the speakers and for me personally, those puny little speakers in a Sound Bar just don't cut it. I would any day go for active speakers for the TV which will enhance my entire setup (with an option to add a Sub of my choice in the future). Active speakers are convenient too, no additional amps are needed, just connect the digital cable to them along with a power source and I am done. But yes that's just me.

I guess, for you, it's more about the convenience and aesthetics, hence a Sound Bar in a way makes sense. Did you check the Sony HT-G700? Is the Motorola, chosen by you better than it?

MaSh

It is a small living room. Dimension is 402 x 600. Please see the attached pic. I dont want the living room to be clutterd. So just a sound bar + Subwoofer is fine, provided the soundbar has all the drivers inc upfiring. Thanks...
Still worth plonking a couple of actives + economical sub when possible, I'd say...

If you have made up your mind, though, check out the Klipsch cinema series soundbars.
For a soundbar, they are damn good.
And they come with a sub at every pricepoint.
Regards

I would also suggest active speakers against soundbar. You can have more economical options from Edifier or Swan with digital connectivity options plus subwoofer out.

1. Refrigerator
SAMSUNG 700 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator (Gentle Silver Matt, RS72R5001M9/TL) - Rs. 77,490.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 700ltr space

2. TV
LG 165.1 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 65NANO73TPZ (Ashed Blue) (2021 Model) - Rs. 99,999.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 65" and upwards, 2021 or latest model

3. SoundBar

Would just urge you to demo it before putting your money on any soundbar/speakers.

More than 10 years back, when Edifier first come on the scene in India, i got swept in the hype and bought one from Nehru Place without auditioning (which was anyway not possible in NP's hole in the wall shops). I was so taken up with the size of the sub, the quality of wood, the design, the swooning reviews. I thought i was buying audio nirvana.

I hated it.

Tried my damnest to return it but no avail. Was stuck with it for a long time because at that time i couldn't afford to buy another one. Felt a surge of anger ever time i saw it or switched it on. Was so happy when i finally managed to get rid of it.

(No offence meant to Edifier fans)

Last edited:
Oh great, so we can discuss refrigerators here? I need one but strictly has to be within 30-31 inches in width. That's all the space I have.

Shortlisted two models so far:

Panasonic 551L @80k:

Bosch 559L @ 66k:

Reviews or feedback from fellow members would be very useful.

Panasonic 551L @80k:
I have one, albeit smaller 325 litres. Please ignore their "Ag Clean" (Silver inside to keep air fresh) written in bold inside. There is nothing in there. (to replace the fan, I had removed the thermocol block and found that's just a shiny add-on. Mine has the compressor from Thailand (not from Noida)

If you observe for those around 500L, note that all brands using same cabinet (right hand bottom, bottle shelve missing). Only a returning company BPL has it in their designs. So the difference boils down to only one thing: compressor. Ironically, both LG and Samsung make them in Noida. Tell me what's left?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back