Is Sony KDL-46W5500 avaliable equivalent to KLV-46W550A.

Srinivas29

Hi,

Is KDL 46W5500 available in Europe equivalent to KLV-46W550A available in India. If no, will we ever see the models in the US and Europe in india?

well the european version has a built in freeview tuner and US versions has ATSC tuner built in,these models also has sonys DLNA which bascicaly means u can share selected media files from ur pc or any other DLNA certified device via a network,these tvs have a ethernet port so u can connect it to a router or connect directly to a modem and acces RSS feeds,world clock,sonys picture gallery etc.
these models can probably be ordered in the grey market since sony lcds sold in singapore/HK,TW are the same.

One more reason I asked this question was that I was not to able to find any reviews in regards to KLV-46W550(Indian model). There are a lot of reviews on the European model. Can i judge the indian model with the reviews of European model by ignoring the differences.

One more reason I asked this question was that I was not to able to find any reviews in regards to KLV-46W550(Indian model). There are a lot of reviews on the European model. Can i judge the indian model with the reviews of European model by ignoring the differences.

In July's What Hi-Fi magazine (Indian edition) there are reviews/tests of Samsung(B550) & Sony LCDs (W & V 550). Not sure about size though. May be more than 46".

In July's What Hi-Fi magazine (Indian edition) there are reviews/tests of Samsung(B550) & Sony LCDs (W & V 550). Not sure about size though. May be more than 46".

I cld see rev of 32W5500 in online hifi rev.

well they are mostly similar in performance but the backlight used will be of different make and other electronics components like capacitors,resistors,power supply board etc are also of different make so there might be very small variations.

backlight used will be of different make and other electronics components like capacitors,resistors,power supply board etc are also of different make so there might be very small variations.

Hi Adder - Do you mean the backlight & components differ ech other in W550A & W5500- 40'..?? I was expecting this both are same models just that its for different countries the model names are different..

I have learnt that lot of european customers owners of W5500 have back light bleeding & clouding . However no owners found having W550A to provide their comments if they too have same problems.
FYI , I have ordered 40' W550A which is likely to be delivered by 15/08. I hope to have taken a wise descision purchasing this master piece .I shall get back with my reviews on line when I set this up in my living room!!

Hi Adder - Do you mean the backlight & components differ ech other in W550A & W5500- 40'..?? I was expecting this both are same models just that its for different countries the model names are different..

I have learnt that lot of european customers owners of W5500 have back light bleeding & clouding . However no owners found having W550A to provide their comments if they too have same problems.
FYI , I have ordered 40' W550A which is likely to be delivered by 15/08. I hope to have taken a wise descision purchasing this master piece .I shall get back with my reviews on line when I set this up in my living room!!

well yes they have different backlight suppliers around the world,well its true that the asian models have no reports of backlight bleed,i myself have yet to see backlight bleed in any sony lcds ,which i guess is due to the different supplier for the asian model.the same assembly lines also make tvs for the japanese market and they like quality products,until last year the tvs sold in japan where made in japan,but due to the expensive labour costs in japan sony was forced to close down the japanese assembly line.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back