Is there any cheaper 1080P projector that can do as good as OPTOMA HD27

Naveenbnc

Hi guys, I know many threads are going on projectors now.... But still im starting a new one... :confused: Please bear with me ...

I saw OPTOMA HD27 in action and liked it a lot. May be because that's the only good one I saw yet.:D
It is a bit heavy on my pocket now....
By any chance .... are there any FULL HD/Native 1080P projectors that are as good as OPTOMA HD27 and yet cheaper?

(I can not buy a used one with ready cash... so I have to go for a new one with emi)
Please advise guys ....

Hi guys, I know many threads are going on projectors now.... But still im starting a new one... :confused: Please bear with me ....

Hard to kill the enthusiasm.. Keep it coming..

I saw OPTOMA HD27 in action and liked it a lot. May be because that's the only good one I saw yet.:D
It is a bit heavy on my pocket now....
By any chance .... are there any FULL HD/Native 1080P projectors that are as good as OPTOMA HD27 and yet cheaper?

How much is Optoma HD27?..

Hey elangoas.... Ya...its hard to resist..:p:p
Optoma hd27 is 73k in Amazon india. I saw its performance. Its nice, but can't compare with other models. That's the only good one I saw yet.
But yesterday I came to know my friend is coming from us. Il get one from there...

After knowing this news, i started a new thread.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...-suggestion-as-soon-as-possible-please.70277/

But this thread can also help others.....

Sorry to hijack your thread naveen, but I am also in the same boat as you. Hence not starting a thread.

I am also looking at buying the Optoma HD27. Had already got it delivered to my friend's place in the US through Amazon but due to luggage constraints and fear of damages, he has returned the projector and got a full refund. Pity, since it was a sweet deal!

I am now looking to buy the HD27 locally. There are a few sellers selling it for around 55-57k, and claim it has been imported from Singapore. I am okay with a grey market piece, as there is no other choice. Anyways there is no warranty for Optoma products in India (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does anybody know any reliable sellers / dealers who can get me a sealed HD27 (or HD27e) in Bangalore?

But yesterday I came to know my friend is coming from us. Il get one from there...

If you have an option of getting them from US thru your friend, don't restrict it to only a single model.. Check amazon.com for models/ prices which are within your budget and then pick it..

So i understand, all you are looking for is DLP-FHD projector?..

hi Praveen.... thank you for the inputs .... im personally a bit scared too ....
onsite warranty means... valied in other countries right ? in other words, international warranty ?

Out of curiosity.... Not a single model FullHd 1080p under 50k in india?? I searched, couldn't find....

onsite warranty means...

Onsite warranty means, service at your door step.. Though this may not work in India all the time..

international warranty ?

This means that even if you purchase the product anywhere in the world, warranty is valid in India..

Out of curiosity.... Not a single model FullHd 1080p under 50k in india?? I searched, couldn't find....

Hmm.. Blame it on $ price, import duties..

Understood elangoas...thank you very much...!!!
Came to this forum for a suggestion on 4500rs F&D music system.
Dont know where im heading ..... I hope its not towards a disaster :eek::eek:
enjoying every bit though ...:D

Do not fall in to low price discount offered in online international website

The price on international website is prevailing rates for that country.. If compared to Indian prices, it is low price :)..

If Optoma HD27 sells on amazon.com for US $ 590 (38K INR), why should one spend 73K & buy it in India?.. A steep 35K increase.. That is 100% over US price.. Also the OP has someone who can get it from US, all the way he can save his precious 35K INR..

With said budget you can also try Short throw projector BenQ W1050

this one is best bet, available in amazon.in and amazon fulfilled.

international warranty
One note of caution, even a product has international warranty, some company honour them only in selected service center in India, for example, may be only in Mumbai or only in Delhi service center .. happened this with me with some of the products, like DSLR, laptop and had to fix with paid service in local service center.

If Optoma HD27 sells on amazon.com for US $ 590 (38K INR), why should one spend 73K & buy it in India?
Unless someone bringing it for you or your budget is really tight (like it was for me) I would also prefer to get it from India with warranty. If you get it from Amazon.com/.de to India with all import duty and shipping, it would be almost 75-80% of India price and without warranty. If someone brings it for you than it make more sense though as you save 40-50%. In case something goes wrong also in short time, spend from the saved amount to repair.

Last edited:
I was also thinking the same....get it from Us, save around 30k, if it works fine for 2 years, I'm lucky.

In case of repair, spend the same 30k for local repair.

That's why, I'm struggling to figure out which one has better service in hyd or india.
Benq ??
Optoma
Viewsonic
Epson ??

Or any other brand...

Yes that is great save only if it doesn't trouble in long run. If that gets into trouble after 6 months his 38k in vein unless he is able to send it to US for service and if it all happens for free.

Agree to the hassle's.. But there is always a way around it.. Hope for the best.. Some encourage paid service..

If someone brings it for you than it make more sense

That would be best choice.. I have bought AVR, PJ, speakers from abroad thru my friends and was lucky to save some 100% difference..

That's why, I'm struggling to figure out which one has better service in hyd or india.
Benq ??
Optoma
Viewsonic
Epson ??

Or any other brand...

Don't worry Naveen.. There should be at-least one person who can fix it in your city..

"at-least one person who can fix it in your city " :D:D:D that's very encouraging

For international purchase, warranty is void straight away until & unless specifically mentioned.. Some brands encourage paid service & some don't entertain like Onkyo (like it happened to me).. But then, they accepted for servicing after i produced the original bill..

You can always get local help (contacts) from FM on servicing.. Snatch the best one in your budget ;)..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back