Is There Life Beyond 2-Channel stereo?

suri

well, is there life beyond two-channel stereo reproduction?.

i have heard many - 2 channel , 2.1., 5.1., 7.1., -

what was romanchak?

good two channel stereo (with heavy lifting on the ring-side)!

what are the opinions of forum members?

@suri
"Is there life beyond two-channel stereo reproduction?"
I suppose you are asking "Is there music beyond two-channel reproduction?"
At the moment with my current set up, I'm feeling like a Columbus who has just discovered the New World.Excited and over enthusiastic,maybe,but I would say there is NO life/music beyond two-channel.And in my exuberance I would also say that there is no music reproduction beyond a good solid state.I know stevieboy will gnash his teeth and feel :mad:if he reads this,but for the moment I do not believe any tube amp for the same price could even begin to compete with the perfection of the Bryston's.:)
High on a full bottle of chilled chilean chardonnay/wild mushroom rissoto (own recipe!have no confidence in any restaurant chef) /moist dark chocolate cake (wedding annivesary!) and Mozart's Violin Sonata's so I may be stretching things a bit.:)

Last edited:
@suri
At the moment with my current set up, I'm feeling like a Columbus who has just discovered the New World.Excited and over enthusiastic,maybe,but I would say there is NO life/music beyond two-channel.And in my exuberance I would also say that there is no music reproduction beyond a good solid state.I know stevieboy will gnash his teeth and feel :mad:if he reads this,but for the moment I do not beleive any tube amp for the same price could even begin to compete with the pefection of the Bryston's.:)
High on a full bottle of chilled chilean chardonnay/wild mushroom rissoto (own recipe!have no confidence in any restaurant chef) /moist dark chocolate cake (wedding annivesary!) and Mozart's Violin Sonata's so I may be stretching things a bit.:)

Does your Bryston have a mono button? Have a nice celeberation! :)

Does your Bryston have a mono button? Have a nice celeberation! :)

The BP6 Pre has power on,source selection(4),tone,volume.Only single ended output.Headphone out on front panel.No internal wiring,components directly plugged into the board.The 3B SST Power amp has a membrane switch for a 'soft start' power on and options for balanced /single ended.That's it.Face plate and heatfins are tough and good looking.Amazing build quality.Good for the 20 years it has been 'guaranteed'.On its own the Arcam cdp I use,is nicely built and good looking in an understated 'british' way but next to the Bryston's it looks 'boxy' and 'plasticky'.Love the Bryston chunky,minimalistic all metal remote with 'motorised' volume control,mute and nothing else.

@suri
At the moment with my current set up, I'm feeling like a Columbus who has just discovered the New World.Excited and over enthusiastic,maybe,but I would say there is NO life/music beyond two-channel.And in my exuberance I would also say that there is no music reproduction beyond a good solid state. I do not believe any tube amp for the same price could even begin to compete with the perfection of the Bryston's.:)

yes, this is what i ask -

and this is what i know-

i do not think there are many life forms out there able to compete with the magnificent (7 year old ,male) Bengal tiger that is the two-channel stereo solid-state system-

the precision, the large scale dynamics, the ability of the woofer to start and stop on a dime, the delicacy -

others are but tame siamese cats to be groomed and looked after-

but to feel the fear, the excitement, the adrenaline rush.......???

@suri
"the precision, the large scale dynamics, the ability of the woofer to start and stop on a dime"....taut and powerful bass,accuracy,lack of coloration,incredible separation of instruments,dead silent electronics....
That's what the Bryston Pre/Power has in spades and it comes through best on large scale orchestral music.Frankly,the only amp I'm curious about and may possibly like better than the Bryston is an Accuphase E 450.If I am ever daft enough to want to upgrade from BP6/3B SST then this is the (only) amp I would audition at Boomarang.Similarly,if I'm ever daft enough to want to upgrade from my Vienna Acoustic's,then the speakers I would audition would be the B & W 804 S,Sonus Faber GP Home,Thiel CS 2.4.For cables/IC's I would love to do a comparison of my Transparent's with similarly priced Kimber,Cardas and VDH.Would also like to try XLO/Groneberg power cords with Furutech/Oyaide.
But for the moment I am content.Satisfaction ratings currently in the 95-98% band:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back