Is Vinyl for me ?

By the way valve I do not think is obsolete as it can be used with modern sources ......

Also what is difference between Moden and Vintage speakers? any fundamental technology shieft?

Hi Hemant,

The comment about valve amps is in a lighter vein, hence the smiley, but they do convert most of the energy into heat. rather inaffecient:)

Regarding speakers, I shall elaborate when we meet, ekach gavat rahun apan barech divas bhetlo nahi

Regards,

@ mstillalive

I don't profess to know much about the finer nuances of high fidelity, but, in my limited opinion, given that all/most of your music is CD ripped FLAC files, I fear, were you to start with any of the TT's you have mentioned earlier in this thread as options, your initial Vinyl experience might leave a lot to be desired vis-a-vis your current music (as you will always be benchmarking the SQ of of your FLAC file collection) and leave you with the feeling "what's all this fuss about Vinyls/LPs" ?!? Just my view.. Possible the Vinyl Gurus on this forum might differ

Therefore, I'd suggest making a decent entry into the Vinyl world, possibly with a Rega RP3. Tweak it over the coming years with upgrades and see how your vinyl journey progresses. I started with a RP1, still have it (and enjoying it with a stylus upgrade), but, I regret not having opted for the RP3 :sad:

Also, given the picture you painted of yourself, you seem pretty much the hands-on/DIY type and something tells me you are the "Vinyl Type" --- So, GO FOR IT !!! I have a funny feeling you will enjoy the ride

:cheers:

Hi Hemant,

The comment about valve amps is in a lighter vein, hence the smiley, but they do convert most of the energy into heat. rather inaffecient:)

Regarding speakers, I shall elaborate when we meet, ekach gavat rahun apan barech divas bhetlo nahi

Regards,

Do we know each other?

It's one thing to be upbeat about turntables and playing vinyl, but the bottom line is listening to music, and I strongly feel that this needs stressing...

Buddy first I feel your genre disks are difficult to get - if not impossible ...I mean do you want to source everything from Amazon UK and Dicogs ? Are you comfortable? Also on Amazon UK there are only 56 thrash metal disks with average price around GBP 15 to 20 .. so a decent 100 disk collection can set you for couple of lack rupees if not more.

Possible the most relevant post!

Also what is difference between Moden and Vintage speakers? any fundamental technology shieft?
In theory nothing has changed. But there are developments in different cone materials, Speaker/cabinet measurements, Coil materials. I think Dynaudo uses aluminum coils to make coils light. etc.
Regards.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back