IsoTek Full System Enhancer...

If it is balancing power at the end, I can see some value to it but a good convertor with UPs will do the same job. Anything that comes out as a 'system enhancer' sounds like one of the snake oil deals to me. Also no phone no. in the contacts? Imagine emailing back/forth for support or info....

If it is balancing power at the end, I can see some value to it but a good convertor with UPs will do the same job. Anything that comes out as a 'system enhancer' sounds like one of the snake oil deals to me. Also no phone no. in the contacts? Imagine emailing back/forth for support or info....

from what i understand, this is a CD that exercises the system, etc.

also, a close, good friend manufactures UPS systems. he recommended a CVT rather than the UPS for audio/video implementations. though i use the CVT, wouldn't recommend it, unless it can be controlled. has an irritating low hum.

Thats the reason they say to play your favourite music sources for few hours to break in at low volumes and move upto reference levels after this as part of the process. One thing this VCD might be useful for is to exercise the surround speakers since most audio is built for the fronts. but again nothing like free sources to get this accomplished.

Some amount of white/pink noise testing and a few bass tests do help loosen up a driver's suspension, get the system warmed up, etc. White noise testing is a good way to really push an amp and tweeters hard, if you're confident it can take it.

I see no reason to pay big money for it when there are free alternatives that will do everything necessary for this.

It is useful for sure, specially with new speakers. A single driver can be (and is) usually 20-25% off spec when NIB. As the suspension is flexed, it does help bring the driver's parameters closer to spec. Also most tweeters have Ferrofluid, and this sticky and viscous mess requires heat to get moving, like a car's engine (or so I find).

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back