Issue connecting my old Philips TV with House of Marley Speakers

madhurkishore

Hi,

I recently got the House of Marley One Foundation Home audio System and am trying to connect it with my old Philips 4000 Series 40PFL4707/f7 TV. None of the cables that I have tried have worked and I am super confused about how to connect them.
The TV does not have a port for Optical Audio cable. A Coaxial cable (1 RCA Male - TV to 2 RCA Male - Speaker) or 2 RCA Male - TV to 3.5mm jack-Speaker are the options that I have tried.
The speakers do not have an HDMI port and they do have a Headphone 3.5 mm jack. The TV has S/PDIF coaxial port.

I am attaching the images of the back of both devices and would really need your help in understanding how to get the sound from my TV to these speakers.

TV Back- Ports.jpg TV - PHILIPS 4000 SERIESSpeaker Back Ports.jpg SPEAKER - HOUSE OF MARLEY

TIA.

Simplest is the TV analog out.

Connect the Red and White RCA terminals below the HDMI port on the back of the TV to the L-R in port on the HOM speaker.

Any other option will be quirky and may require constant fiddling.

I did try that as well but it did not work.
I'm now worried whether the TV ports are malfunctioning or is it just a matter of the right cable.

You can try connecting through Bluetooth.
Option 2 you need spdif to RCA converter

TV Coaxial to speaker RCA

Your TV may have headphone out, and you can connect audio to bluetooth wireless adapter, Or use Stereo plug in headphone out (usually in TV front) cable which splits in left and right cables which you can use in your speaker.

Most of budget TVs and old TVs suffer with Audio out options.

In your case, it seems the HDMI port and all the RCA inputs (except the coaxial Digital Audio output Labelled) are meant for input Audio/Video from a DVD player/AVR/Fire stick like inputs.
You have left with only 3 choices when it comes to Audio Out.
1) Coaxial to RCA converter.
2) Headphone out to RCA splitter (Quality will suffer).
3) Check is the TV is having Bluetooth capability(transmit), if so, you can add a Bluetooth receiver to your speaker. Again quality may not be up to mark.
One more option, in case you are going to upgrade your audio/video gears in future, you can invest in a simple AVR, and keep in-between the chain. In this case, you will get lot of input and output options and also direct Audio/music streaming to speakers from other media players/phone/Wifi in case you need.

Hi,

I recently got the House of Marley One Foundation Home audio System and am trying to connect it with my old Philips 4000 Series 40PFL4707/f7 TV. None of the cables that I have tried have worked and I am super confused about how to connect them.
The TV does not have a port for Optical Audio cable. A Coaxial cable (1 RCA Male - TV to 2 RCA Male - Speaker) or 2 RCA Male - TV to 3.5mm jack-Speaker are the options that I have tried.
The speakers do not have an HDMI port and they do have a Headphone 3.5 mm jack. The TV has S/PDIF coaxial port.

I am attaching the images of the back of both devices and would really need your help in understanding how to get the sound from my TV to these speakers.

View attachment 57745 TV - PHILIPS 4000 SERIESView attachment 57746 SPEAKER - HOUSE OF MARLEY

TIA.
Your TV has headphone out. Use a stereo EP to 2 RCA wire to connect. Nowadays sold as AUX to 2 RCA or 3.5mm stereo to 2 RCA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620_104325.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620_104325.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 1
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back