Jamo C407 Speakers versus Marantz SR5002 AV Receiver

Peyman

Dear All,

I have decided to buy the Jamo C407 speakers. I am searching for the best AV receiver that matches to these lovely speakers based on music and movies. My dealer has suggested me the Marantz SR 5002 but I would like to be certain about it. I will add center, surrounds and subwoofer later.

I was also thinking about Onkyo TX-SR705 but I have heard that Marantz Amplifiers match better to Jamo speakers.

I appreciate your experience and help about this subject.

...I was also thinking about Onkyo TX-SR705 but I have heard that Marantz Amplifiers match better to Jamo speakers....

Interesting point, although in my experience, I found Jamo could do better with a lot of juice. The said Marantz avr is a lovely musical machine with enough muscles to flex when needed, but IMO they sound their best when fed from a more exciting range of receivers like Onkyo or Denon. But then again YMMV. As many auditions as possible is the only way out!

All the best.

Many thanks for your answer, if we focus more on music rather than watching movies, then it means I should go for Onkyo AV Receiver to have the best match for Jamo C407. Does it mean that Onkyo matches better to Jamo instead of Marantz?
I will be grateful if you could answer me which Amplifiers to buy as your own experience in listening to clear and proper music.

well i have been auditioning the jamo c405 the smaller version of c407 they mosly pair them with marantz,in case of stero amps they recommend marantz PM7001.

if u also look at many online stores ,usually jamo c407 is paired with marantz PM7002,cambridge 640A v2 amp.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back