Jamo / Wharfedale / moniteraudio/Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin/

XDR

HI, ALL MEMBERS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

I am planning to buy a combination of speakers and amp to connect to my computer with a 80% music and 20% movies.
I am also looking for a Jamo / Wharfedale / moniteraudio/Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin/

Going to setup speakers in a 300 sq ft room. Budget: 60 K

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.:)

what kind of music?

HI, ALL MEMBERS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

I am planning to buy a combination of speakers and amp to connect to my computer with a 80% music and 20% movies.
I am also looking for a Jamo / Wharfedale / moniteraudio/Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin/

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.:)

which is best of speaker /amp for me

Please suggest.

Hi XDR

YOu have repeated the same post without stating the types of music you listen to.

Personally I would think your money is better invested in a 2.1 or 5.1 computer speakers from Logitech and other companies rather than a amp/speaker combo.

Marsilian is quite right,,, it all depends upon what your preferences are there,, there has to be clarity in what you need,, and what you can spend,, you can buy a system worth 60K but will not look good to me,, cause,, what i listen to might vary a lot,, so think about it,, Big Bass and Enough Treble is what 99.9% of people listen, to the rest 1% either makes music or take interest in listening to the sound of silence that is breached...

care pal:D

Re: which is best of speaker /amp for me

with a budget of 60k, why don't you go for a good CD player as well? even with an excellent sound card, the DVD-ROM drive on your comp will not give you the quality of a dedicated CDP.

In case you agree with me, you can try:

Cambridge Audio 540C CD player - 18k
Cambridge Audio 540A amp - 18k
If you want to listen to rock and bass-heavy music then - Wharfedale 9.5 - 24k
If you want to listen to more of jazz, classical and generally would go for clarity over thump - Wharfedale 9.2s for 14k and good stands for around 8k and cables/ICs for 2k.

There are of course several other options - For CDPs and amps look at marantz and NAD, for speakers look at monitor audio, mordaunt short (mezzo series), PSB,

In case you don't agree with me and only want amp and speakers look for fancier models from the same manufacturers, such as possibly the CA 640A v2 for your amp and and Mordaunt Short Mezzo floorstander pair.

Please suggest.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back