Jazzing up things the Indian Way

sgmane

Hi Folks,

For those who are in bangalore during next weekend - here is a music treat!!!

"Jazzing up Things the Indian Way" by Grammy Award winning saxophonist, Ernie Watts and leading Blues harmonica player Corky Siegel with violin mastero Dr. L Sub, Kavita Krishnamurthi, Ambi and Bindu Subramaniam in Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Bangalore on Jan 15.

If you do not want to miss it, do collect free pass from TOI Office.

Hi,

One line - "Wonderful treat"!!!!

Unfortunately - i missed out the first 20 mins.(My vehicle broke down - oops!) It was jam packed and i could know that, people were occupying seats by 6:00pm or so. The passes were distributed more than the hall capacity. People were upset, cursing the organisers, banging the doors and some left the venue disappointed. Neverthless some how i sneaked in and after which the maestro (her daugther introduced the troupe) came in.

Tracks played my mastero and his son (ambi)
Spanish Wave
Conversations
Dont Leave me
Mother India

Wonderful!! That's a nostalgia - my college days.. more than a decade back!!! All those wonderful tracks.

Bindu - Couple of songs - english composed by her father
Narayan Subramanian - A karaoke, and then a duet song with his mother (Kavitha Krishnamurthi). (May be they are trying to promote his son, not sure though! He did this karaoke on one of hindi movie songs)
Kavitha Krishnamurthi - lullaby - that's good along with corke, and i suppose a solo song (at the beginning - which i missed)
Ambi - Accompanying his father in all the tracks he played.
Corkey - wow!!! That was wonderful harmonic player!!!!
Ernie Watts - Sax.. great player!!!

Start time: 7:00pm
End time: 10:00pm
Break: 15 mins (8:25pm - 8:40pm)
At the Venue: For sale - Last years Lakshminarayana festival album and T-Shirts.
At the end of the show - couple of guys where selling "Times" CD's (8 CDs) Classical instrumental for 500Rs (the actual cost printed on the cover Rs 2000). May be an offer on that specific time!!!!

Did any of the bangalore folks came in?

Hi,

At the end of the show - couple of guys where selling "Times" CD's (8 CDs) Classical instrumental for 500Rs (the actual cost printed on the cover Rs 2000). May be an offer on that specific time!!!!

Did any of the bangalore folks came in?

aaaw!! :mad: Only 500 rupees ....?!!! Lost my chance to make a killing.

PS: I have an DVD profile about him made by some Frenchie ... very nice ...

Cheers

This might be most likely the Waadya set by India/Music Today group, set of 8 Carnatic Classical music CDs. Please search for more details.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back