JBL 560P plugged into 220v socket :(

the_jaguar

I bought my 560P in the US and had it shipped to India (as part of us relocating back to India). I have just setup a dedicated HT room and I had asked the installers not to plug anything into the wall socket unless it's confirmed to work on 220v, but when I had stepped out for a second, one of the guys plugged my sub into the wall socket directly :(

I unplugged it immediately and put in my heavy duty step-down transformer and tried powering it up again, but the led behind the sub didn't light up. After months of Harman India trying to fix it (6 months!), they are now telling me that since the 560P is being sunsetted, they are not able to find a replacement motherboard to fix it.

Please advise on what I should do next. Should I just give up on my 560P and buy another sub?

Well...depends. Have you tried any local repair shops? Sometimes they do a better job than authorized personnel as they are good at soldering stuff than just screw/unscrew boards. You may also look for an identical powered amplifier board from the likes of Dayton and get it switched.

Well...depends. Have you tried any local repair shops? Sometimes they do a better job than authorized personnel as they are good at soldering stuff than just screw/unscrew boards. You may also look for an identical powered amplifier board from the likes of Dayton and get it switched.

Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know of any repair shops in Bangalore? I just moved back to India after 16+ years in the US, so my knowledge of the local scene is minimal.

I am sure Bangalore FM's can help you out. You may want to post the same query in the DIY section. Plenty guys in there who can point you in the right direction.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back