JBL HTiB - Cinema BD100 Blu-ray

asnlsavz

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and here's hoping I get a good review about the above mentioned Cinema BD 100 | A compact, 5.1-channel home theatre system with 3D Blu-ray Disc receiver, subwoofer, centre-channel speaker and four satellite speakers | JBL India
There are many reasons why I want it:

1) The 'compactness' of the system.
2) It has a built in amp and the sub-woofer is not as bulky n large as the ones you'd see in the market.
3) Many up-to-date latest features.
4) It's JBL of course!
5) to be used in my Living-room (hall).

Here are some doubts as well:
1) The prize (arnd 24k-28k))! surprised that is it so low.
2) The 300 Watt output.
3) Ive heard JBL satellite speakers aren't the best.

I've been for a demo at the closest mall and I didn't get any effect as the speakers weren't arranged as you'd expect them to. But overall, the sound and the clarity was JBL standard.
I did have a JBL SCS 145.5 before and it did generate very good sound and bass in particular.
I however am a bit curious as to why the cost of this system is so low and why can't I find reviews of it nowhere online!

Please help guys and thanks...

Hi Prosenjit

I'm a new member to this website. I want to buy an HT system for myself, for my bedroom (where my TV is placed). That got me to read few of your posts which have strong comments against JBL BD100, a system which was earlier at the top of my wishlist too. Now when you've said so much against this HTiB, and have praised Onkyo and Pioneer instead, I'd like to put up a few queries and would be highly grateful if you could revert with concrete solution/s:

1. I spoke with a luxury HT, speakers dealer today and he told me that Onkyo is a brand which came to India in 1993 and has been out of vogue since many years now. Is that true? Do Onkyo systems not produce decent sound?

2. I have a budget of 25k (on the higher side). I have a 40" LED 3D TV which I've recently bought. Most of you talk about assembling an HT. Could you suggest a few options which could be joined together to make a good HT? I need a Blu-ray player which can play 3D movies, supports 3d sound, has USB play option, bluetooth play is optional, etc. I have very little knowledge about how actually is a "Receiver" different from other players. If that is significant, you can add that to my requirements.

I know I'm being very demanding with a very slim budget but that's my stretched limit for I don't want to go for cheap LG, Sony and Samsung ones.

Please help me with something what would suit me the best, I don't mind any brand and have no preferences.

Thank you so much. Look forward to a quick response. If there's anyone else who would like to comment or suggest any ideas, you're most welcome.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back