Jiofiber wifi Router connection issues CXN V2 and Chromecast Audio

sjith

Hi Chromecast Audio/CXN V2 owners using Jiofiber wifi network,

My home network is from Jiofiber and I was using heos link as a streamer.
Since heos link is not offering chromecast built in, I bought a chromecast audio device to work with heos.
After setup, realized that chromecast audio device is not getting connected to Jiofiber router.
Then bought an airtel 4G pocket router for music purpose only and its low wifi range is a problem now.
Bought a CXN v2 to replace heos + chromecast devices to a single device and for better quality
tried to connect to Jiofiber wifi router and its not connecting.
Tried to connect CXN v2 to airtel pocket router and its functioning but the problem of weak signal
Never tried CXN v2 to Jiofiber Router connectivity by wired lan due to distance between those.

Can anyone suggest some tips to solve the wifi connectivity issues of CXN V2 with jiofiber router

If no way to get connected to Jiofiber via wifi, I need to change my home network to any other fiber network service provider

When we enter wifi password in the streamer, it would ask for type of encryption. Wpa / wpa2 / etc. Choosing the right one is important. I recall i too had faced similar issue while setting up wifi, in my marantz streamer.

JIO tends to block so many things people not aware of that but this is the strange issue and the culprit is 100 % JIO Fiber Modem
If u can run ethernet and test ,if it tends to work fine then problem is wifi setting of the modem
Try keeping separate name for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and keep wifi security at wpa2/wpa3 AES
If the problem exist buy a wifi router for 1000 rs and connect in the lan and keep the new wifi router in AP mode

Are you using 2.4ghz or 5? On Jio routers there is an option to use both.
Did you try ethernet connection?
Both 2.5 and 5 ghz tried, same result
I ddnt tried wired connection because router is positioned at height in wall, but will try surely in coming days

When we enter wifi password in the streamer, it would ask for type of encryption. Wpa / wpa2 / etc. Choosing the right one is important. I recall i too had faced similar issue while setting up wifi, in my marantz streamer.
Will try again with WPA selection

JIO tends to block so many things people not aware of that but this is the strange issue and the culprit is 100 % JIO Fiber Modem
If u can run ethernet and test ,if it tends to work fine then problem is wifi setting of the modem
Try keeping separate name for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and keep wifi security at wpa2/wpa3 AES
If the problem exist buy a wifi router for 1000 rs and connect in the lan and keep the new wifi router in AP mode
Thanks
Will try all inputs shared by you three people

Some Google search is saying like chromecast audio is not Supporting by jio because jiofiber router is running in an outdated custom android skin and security patches also outdated

Could be a similar issue with CXN also

Both 2.5 and 5 ghz tried, same result
I ddnt tried wired connection because router is positioned at height in wall, but will try surely in coming days
Are you able to see both the networks? If yes what's the error you get when you enter the network password?

Also try to log into the router and check the channel it is broadcasting at. There could be a limitation on the streamer as to which channels it can work on. Your device manual should have something on it.

Mash

btw check the most important thing, is CXN or chromecast blocked.

Once I had my Xbox do this, I broke my head around finding and testing things later to find out randomly it was blocked automatically!

Are you able to see both the networks? If yes what's the error you get when you enter the network password?

Also try to log into the router and check the channel it is broadcasting at. There could be a limitation on the streamer as to which channels it can work on. Your device manual should have

Hi all
Thanks for the inputs
Jiofiber team visited home and updated firmware
Now cxn v2 is getting connecting to jio 2.4g wifi

Problem solved
CXN does not support 5Ghz band? 2.4Ghz has better reach, but 5Ghz has better bandwidth and speed.

MaSh

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back