JPW speakers

anandls

Greetings All,
Have anyone of you heard about JPW (A1, A2 and A3 seriees)speakers? If yes, how is the speaker performance for stereo setup for a room.

Thanks in advance.

there is also a local budget brand in the UK called JPW. They are sold through a discount hifi store called Richer Sounds. I used to own a pair of JPW book shelves. They are ok - nothing very great. You can do better than that if you increase your budget a little bit or buy used.

JPW speakers (at least almost all their low-end line) is manufactured in Aamchi Mumbai by Peerless India, IIRC. Never heard 'em though, so I don't know if that helps.

Hi,
Am not sure and need confirmation but even the PSB drive units are now made in India at least for the alpha/image series. Any idea?
Rgds

JPW was selling very aggressively some 10 years ago. They were making attractive speakers at very attractive prices. They got bought out by a competitor (Peerless? Wharfedale?, Mission? I am not sure) and were shut down.

Cheers

If it is indeed made by peerless, it should be viewed as something good.
Peerless in India makes some awesome drivers as mentioned by Cranky. Some diy efforts with peerless drivers in India are far far better than most of these Chinese made (so called UK designed) budget speakers available in the market today. It all depends on the kind of business venture by peerless. If it is some side business, forget it.
From my experience with JPW some 6 years back, they are on par with wharfedale.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back