Just started:Pioneer VSX-921 and Wharfedale Obsidian 600

sanro

Hi ,

After using Philips and Sony HTiB's for sometime , I thought now its time to get into the real business and decided to bring in some entry level equipments to enjoy movies and music ( mostly movies ).

here's some information on the gear;

Pioneer VSX-921 - USD 229 from newegg
Wharfedale Obsidian 600 - Group buy from hifimart
Maxine's 1KV transformer - 3k
Monster cable 50ft : USD 30 from radioshack
Audio technica M40 headphone - USD 49 from Amazon
Harmony 650 - USD 43 from bestbuy
2 high speed HDMI 1.4 cables : 10ft approx.USD 20 from amazon

For now , I have connected only fronts and center speakers ( I need stands for rear speakers )and configured using MCACC . Although i have not connected all the speakers and not done any tweakings yet , I am quite happy with the sound from the fronts and center.

Blu ray player and tata sky hd is connected to AVR through HDMI and just one HMDI from AVR out to LCD in.

I need some help on AVR standby thing:

I dont want to keep AVR on for normal TV usage . After reading manual and some posts , I tried HDMI control = ON in LCD and AVR settings but it seems its not working. When I try to standby AVR it swiches off and takes TV into standby mode . Then if i try to switch on the TV , it starts AVR as well.

any idea how to get it done ?

Last edited:
hi

i have the same avr . i am also trying to figure out how to do it.

How is the sound qulaity . I am planning for diamond 10.2

Rinas

hi

i have the same avr . i am also trying to figure out how to do it.

How is the sound qulaity . I am planning for diamond 10.2

Rinas

To my ears, this AVR and speakers sounded incredbile. I am particularly impressed and very happy with the voice calrity from the center speaker. I am sure if you pair this AVR with the more powerful speakers and if you take care of room accoustics , placements etc , the sound quality will get better and better.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back