Justin Bieber Live Concert : Lip Sync ?

I owe my life to Justin Bieber. I was in a coma and the nurse turned on the radio which was playing his song. I woke up and turned it off. Hats off to you, legend!
:)
"Blessed you are my friend. Some poor souls but are not." Yoda says.
Poor Souls
Regards

My daughter went to the concert too..her first "big" pop concert and she absolutely loved it!

Bieber for a purpose | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

I might have pointed out to her that she has seen many great artists including Pires, Dumay, Mehta, Buniatshivili (young and glamorous), Ibragimova, Dutoit etc. (who all didn't airplay with recorded music coming from the back), but doesn't quite add up to "Justinnnnnn...." (or 20,000 people screaming - at NCPA you get scowled at if you shift in your seat!).

Lip sync or not, I want to see Taylor Swift (now don't ask exactly how old I am)....

"Just because every other artist has done it; he/she too" doesn't let any artists off the hook.
"Our kids luuuuuved it" doesn't mean that the artists can do whatever they hadn't advertised for.
Why can't these so called world class artists name their performances as "live lip-syncing" instead of "live concerts"?
So, after all these discussions, what I can think of is that
>>
>>
Beiber's performance = Bose speakers
>>
>>
Some luv it; some hate it!

"Just because every other artist has done it; he/she too" doesn't let any artists off the hook.
"Our kids luuuuuved it" doesn't mean that the artists can do whatever they hadn't advertised for.
Why can't these so called world class artists name their performances as "live lip-syncing" instead of "live concerts"?
>>
>>
>>
>>
Nailed it ha ha

Each generations have their Justins. Elvis was not popular amongst parents due to his vulgar dancing as seen in those days. Probably Beatles were considered bad influence at that time. So I think it is OK to have a Justin amongst us. But respecting individual choices and not taking anything away from young generation freedom of choice, at least J. Bieber should have practiced to perfect lip sync and give Indian audience their moneys worth. Which was not so in this case as I read. But also nowadays it is about making more money and for this particular show the managers, artist, music companies must be happy. Artist was in and out of India in a day and the team made millions. Look around us, these days stars are created by hype and media. Cricket Legends, Movie Stars, Singers. It is all about making money. Not complaining though, everyone has a right to make money.

Another reason for lip syncing is may be most artist these days use Autotune. Music companies regularly use Autotunes, Echo etc. repeating lyrics ("baby, baby') which makes almost any song a success. Giving live performance without 'Riyaz' may give away their voice's negative side. To have a real live concert is probably more difficult than recording. It needs hours of practice to refine the voice. Lots of physical hard work, setting audio system etc. Probably the greatest critically acclaimed live show was by Queen at Wembley Stadium.

Here is my favourite singer live. With bad recording and at this age she still sings beautifully. That is because of practice, dedication and sticking to classical form. You be the judge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5H0-Vt_S_U
A very popular anecdote is that M. Rafisaab refused Royalty (extra money) from his singing saying that he already gets his money for singing a song so why should he ask for more. Class vs Mass.
Regards.

I coughed up some 60 pounds for an andre rieu concert while i was in the UK for the cheapest seats. I saw him perform from faaar away and heard him over some shitty speakers.
I went home and listened again to his concerts on my NAD 3020 which I had recently acquired for 60 pounds, and realized it was a faaar better investment!

>>
>>
>>
>>

Yeah popular doesn't mean extra ordinary, you advertise beforehand that you'd lipsync instead of actual singing ; otherwise it amounts to cheating.

I can't understand what the big deal is about this. Lots of artists have. Shakira MJ Britney Spears, Beyonc Mariah Carey to name a few.

And about taste in music. It's a personal choice. We have some characters who listen to music from 1930 where there is actually no music, just one old man trying to sing with some flute or sitar in the background. Is that music? To each his own taste.

Some people on this very forum have paid tens of thousands of rupees for one lp. ONE lp. But u didn't see the Justin beiber fans take to social media and make fun of us. Who pays thousands of rupees for lps. Who buys amps and speakers for lacs. Huh. People with lot of money. And why not. If u got the money do as you please. 70 thousand for a ticket of beiber is not ok, but 20000 for a pair of speaker cables is ok and 15000 for a burning train lp is ok??

I'm not aware of lipsync being very common, nevertheless it should be explicitly stated beforehand so that an informed choice can be made.

I mostly listened to live concerts of all Hindustani classical artists and I always thrive to get that feel from my music system every time. Unfortunately I've never been able to replicate the magic at home. Bhimsen Joshi, Jasraj, Rashid Khan, Kishori Amonkar, G. Hangal live concerts are a treat to ears anyday. Shiv Sharma and Zaakir Hussein Jugalbandi experience is still intact in my memory, so I could never imagine a lip sync during a live concert.

Each generations have their Justins. Elvis was not popular amongst parents due to his vulgar dancing as seen in those days. Probably Beatles were considered bad influence at that time. So I think it is OK to have a Justin amongst us. But respecting individual choices and not taking anything away from young generation freedom of choice, at least J. Bieber should have practiced to perfect lip sync and give Indian audience their moneys worth. Which was not so in this case as I read. But also nowadays it is about making more money and for this particular show the managers, artist, music companies must be happy. Artist was in and out of India in a day and the team made millions. Look around us, these days stars are created by hype and media. Cricket Legends, Movie Stars, Singers. It is all about making money. Not complaining though, everyone has a right to make money.

Another reason for lip syncing is may be most artist these days use Autotune. Music companies regularly use Autotunes, Echo etc. repeating lyrics ("baby, baby') which makes almost any song a success. Giving live performance without 'Riyaz' may give away their voice's negative side. To have a real live concert is probably more difficult than recording. It needs hours of practice to refine the voice. Lots of physical hard work, setting audio system etc. Probably the greatest critically acclaimed live show was by Queen at Wembley Stadium.

Here is my favourite singer live. With bad recording and at this age she still sings beautifully. That is because of practice, dedication and sticking to classical form. You be the judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5H0-Vt_S_U

A very popular anecdote is that M. Rafisaab refused Royalty (extra money) from his singing saying that he already gets his money for singing a song so why should he ask for more. Class vs Mass.

Regards.

I understand the Auto tune and its OK to certain extent but vocals lip sync?

Nobody is objecting with Justin or organizers making money, but hard-earned money deserves completely involved performance.
Is Suing an option or the ticket fine print covers this aspect as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I searched the net. There are cases where people are demanding that the shows should be mentioned if they are lip synced or live. But then the arrangers/sponsorers would loose half the audience.

I have read stories where for live programme Indian Classical singers profusely apologized for not giving their best performance.

Regards.

I'm glad that the artists at the Chennai's Carnatic "Margazhi Utsav" aren't lip syncing.
Also, I'm glad to note that someone here has asked "btw, what's your age?". Can I take this as "with the age comes the wisdom"? (Or "with the age, the wisdom goes????) :)
May be if I had been a teenager or in the early twenties now (I wish :eek:hyeah:), probably I would've done the same thing as what some of FMs have mentioned here about their daughters & their friends experience at the concert. No doubt about that. But the practical life has taught us, "the younger at the heart" ones to speak up, at the least. In our career, we never had the luxury of doing what Justin had done last week, under performing / cheating. Definitely our clients had raised their voices whenever we had faltered; they had taught us to realize what is fair and what isn't.
The more the scars, the more the "is it fair?" deliberations. For the young turks these might seem like ranting. With due passage of time, the battlefield scars will make them raise their voices.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back