JVC RS50U + Video Processor (or) Sim2 Mico 50

rohit1712

JVC RS50U + Video Processor (or) Sim2 Mico 50

Will you go for the above D-ILA +VP combination or the Sim2 Mico 50 LED DLP projector

There is a lot of cost difference. Any experiences.

Hi,

To my knowledge, I believe JVC 50U doesn't require any video scaler since it would be able to support the most common ARs. JVC DLA-HD250 has a vertical fit for the purpose of 2.35:1 AR using the anamorphic lens option, so its obivious why that RS-50U shouldn't have in its feature list. Unless, you still want the video scaler for any A to B AR change etc.

Coming to 3D projectors, its too early to comment and is slowly catching up until the technology matures and there is going to be a standard 3D technology which will followed by all the brands. Moreover, the other side is we getting bankrupt buying expensive 3D glasses, 3D bluray media, 3D bluray player for watching the third dimension of the movie. If you have this kind budget - man Iam really jealous of you; anyways If Iam in your place I would consider buying the RS25U or if you extend a bit going for the RS35U which speaks for itself.

As for SIM2, seeing technical specs I can only say - WOW, but if you are prepared to spend a fortune please go ahead which should serve you for the money spent.

I guess I am a little late seeing this thread but at the moment I am considering a similar JVC DILA vs. SIM2 DLP decision. What did you finally decide? I guess JVC is better on contrast and poorer on brightness compared to SIM2.

Regards,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back