KDlinks HD720 - "NUPGRADE"

mailme.manju

Hello all,
I recently bought a KDlinks HD720 player from a fellow member here 20 days back.
The player was working fine the first time i received it.
The second time when i used it, it said NUPGRADE without loading the home screen and i contacted the member regarding the issue; he told me the series of steps for a firmware upgrade(firmware version 1.3 the existing was also v1.3) after which it started working.
The third time I powered it on, it again said NUPGRADE and even after a firmware upgrade it shows the same NUPGRADE.
I contacted the KDLINKS support, they've told me that it is an issue related to the board.
Is there anyone else with the similar issue?
Is there a workaround like flashing the entire player with a fresh OS?

Any thoughts?

P.S: I bought this player solely for the purpose of playing content from a portable HDD as my WD live player was damaged during lightning.

Hi sorry to hear about your issue. I had purchased this model some years back from amazon and the moment I connected it this Nupgrade issue started. I exchanged mails with the seller and if I remember correctly even with the company. But unluckily the issue could never be resolved. So the seller refunded my money and also did not bother to pick up the box, he said he had sold a couple of this product and they ran into similar issue and had to refund the money.
Rgds

Hello all,
I recently bought a KDlinks HD720 player from a fellow member here 20 days back.
The player was working fine the first time i received it.
The second time when i used it, it said NUPGRADE without loading the home screen and i contacted the member regarding the issue; he told me the series of steps for a firmware upgrade(firmware version 1.3 the existing was also v1.3) after which it started working.
The third time I powered it on, it again said NUPGRADE and even after a firmware upgrade it shows the same NUPGRADE.
I contacted the KDLINKS support, they've told me that it is an issue related to the board.
Is there anyone else with the similar issue?
Is there a workaround like flashing the entire player with a fresh OS?

Any thoughts?

P.S: I bought this player solely for the purpose of playing content from a portable HDD as my WD live player was damaged during lightning.
NUPGRADE Error Message
This is the general error code when HD720 circuit board is damaged by surge or any other possibilities. When you encounter this error, please first try reloading 1.3 firmware, check if that helps. If no use, follow our customer suggestion below::"While "NUPGRADE" is displayed on your player, plug in the supplied USB 3 cable into the PC output (USB 3.0 B) of your device and connect it to a powered on computer. Than unplug AC cord from the HD720 and re-connect after a few seconds. Turn on your device again. "OTG MODE" will be displayed. Than remove USB cable from both the media player and the computer. After a few seconds (10-15sec) device will boot normally and be ready to use. Unfortunately, this issue may return even after this reboot. If it does, just repeat the above process. "

Did you try recovering the HD720 with a TTL serial cable? I'm pretty sure that I remember reading on moservices that doing so will work on the HD720 (and other clones of the same exact MeLE 1186 model). If you have a compatible TTL serial cable, search moservices for "NUPGRADE" for instructions.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back