Keeping Your SS Gear Always On..

And here I am keeping fans on my AVR to keep it cool.
I don't think there is anything wrong with this.
I used to do the same thing about 10 years back for my Denon amp.
The logic behind warming the amp for 30 to 45 minutes is so that the capacitors are charged and have the required current flowing to deliver good sound as others have observed above.
The logic behind placing a fan on top is to dissipate excess heat similar to what the heatsinks inside the amp do.
Infact some amps and many pro amps have a fan attached behind the amp.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this.
I used to do the same thing about 10 years back for my Denon amp.
The logic behind warming the amp for 30 to 45 minutes is so that the capacitors are charged and have the required current flowing to deliver good sound as others have observed above.
The logic behind placing a fan on top is to dissipate excess heat similar to what the heatsinks inside the amp do.
Infact some amps and many pro amps have a fan attached behind the amp.
Nicely explained, thanks.

Apart from the capacitors getting charged, it is always a good practice to keep the units on regularly especially during monsoon to prevent moisture from affecting it. I learnt it the hard way after 2 amps and 1 cd player were affected due to moisture for using them occasionally during monsoon. During lightening strikes offcourse safer to keep them off and disconnect from mains.

Lets say i keep equipment on for an hour or 6 hrs or whatever time it takes for the equipment to sound good, suddenly i press off button and then power it on again after few secs. Do i need to again wait for that certain warm up time to sound it good?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back