KEF c4 vs SW150

corElement

Well I went auditioning subs and tried looking for the wharfedale sw150 (since its highly recommended by forum members) but didnt go into the heart of delhi. Just in and around gurgaon but couldnt find one on display.

So anyway I was looking at subs under the 20k mark and mainly compared polks jamo klipsch pure acoustics onkyo and kef since no wharfedales within my grasp.

I dont know much about the advanced specs of subs like +/- db 3/6 etc but I particularly liked one.

Heard out the PSW 110 and 125 from polk audio. Both had mids spilling over and had a lot of boom and lacked control of tones, muddy. I'd imagine the the wharfdale sw150 being probably better than the 125 since its highly recommended a lot of yguys.

The jamo sub 200 wasnt worth the money at all @ 16k - if you get it at 11 then probably yes. Jamo Sub 250 was certainly much better but it was beyond the price range I was looking at. Same with klipsch subs.

The one I liked was the KEF c4 part of their c series line.

C SERIES

Design Powered bass reflex
Drive Units 1 x 200mm (8in.) LF
Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 29Hz - 140Hz
Maximum Output 108dB
Magnetic Shielding Yes
Amplifier 200W built-in Class-D
Weight 12.2kg (27lbs)
Dimensions (H x W x D) 345 x 320 x 377 mm (13.6 x 12.6 x 14.9 in.)

So I had a look at the SW150 specs for comparison

Product - Products - Wharfedale Hi-Fi

Spec
.....................................................................................................
Driver 10" 205mm
Amplifier Power 150W
Input Sensitivity 200mv/75W
SPL Crossover: 35Hz-85Hz
Frequency Boundary position: 35Hz-110Hz
Crossover Range: 6x10Hz
Dimensions 330x330x370

I quite enjoyed the KEF c4 tbh, it was soo much more... "rounded" than the polks, not literally. There were no mids spilling over and it had a nice bouncy playful thing to it. One of the onkyos from a much higher end htib had the same effect but it wasnt for separate sale.

Anyone have any views on KEF and their C lineup? Specifically the sub?

Well I may need sub for myself.I was considering SW150 only,but after you pointed out C4,I will try demo of it.

The prob,I can not get demo @ same place & need whole day for that as shops are 1hr far from house.As soon as I do that ,I will post comparison.

dear corelement,
i have heard both sw150 and the kefc4 and found both extremely good.the wharfedale sw150 is also priced at 20k with the resonance audio guys.But what really blew me away was the JBLES250PW .WHEN I first auditioned it i was almost speechless.the guys at Resonance audio in Delhi quoted it at 40k.it has a 12" driver and a power of 400w.it is a wireless sub and is huge.i really loved the demo these guys gave me.If ur pocket allows it then dont think twice.

dear corelement,
i have heard both sw150 and the kefc4 and found both extremely good.the wharfedale sw150 is also priced at 20k with the resonance audio guys.But what really blew me away was the JBLES250PW .WHEN I first auditioned it i was almost speechless.the guys at Resonance audio in Delhi quoted it at 40k.it has a 12" driver and a power of 400w.it is a wireless sub and is huge.i really loved the demo these guys gave me.If ur pocket allows it then dont think twice.

SW150 is preferred for music than HT--
Wharfedale SW150 Reviews

I'm a broke 23 year old :mad: if I had the cash I'd rather invest in a pair of dali ikon 6's rather than put it in a sub but I dont.... even 20k is stretching it for me, 40k is a royal kick out of my house :p It's annoying because I've learnt to pick up small small things in sound which I never understood before and now listening to stuff on bad audio hardware is torture.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back