Kef lsx vs B&W S7 S2

Venkyrenga

Can someone tell me the difference between these two? I don't have the luxury of auditioning in my place. I need to buy a good wireless system for music. I expect neutral sound. If I am going for B&W I will pair it with Marantz PM7000N for wireless streaming. And either way i will add Elac sub3010 for bass.

Can someone tell me the difference between these two? I don't have the luxury of auditioning in my place. I need to buy a good wireless system for music. I expect neutral sound. If I am going for B&W I will pair it with Marantz PM7000N for wireless streaming. And either way i will add Elac sub3010 for bass.
Are you sure you got the model number right? Are you referring to the 707 S2 or 607 S2?

I have heard the 607 S2 and the 706 S2 and they were both fantastic speakers. Not neutral but interesting speakers with pizzaz that makes listening to music an occasion rather than a session.

Having said the above, i think B&W is slightly overpriced (at least their 6xx series - case in point, the 607 S2 sells for 40K in the UK whereas it sells for nearly 80K in India) and the LSX represents better value, especially if you can get it for less than 1.

Are you sure you got the model number right? Are you referring to the 707 S2 or 607 S2?

I have heard the 607 S2 and the 706 S2 and they were both fantastic speakers. Not neutral but interesting speakers with pizzaz that makes listening to music an occasion rather than a session.

Having said the above, i think B&W is slightly overpriced (at least their 6xx series - case in point, the 607 S2 sells for 40K in the UK whereas it sells for nearly 80K in India) and the LSX represents better value, especially if you can get it for less than 1.
Yes, I meant the 607 S2. I am getting B&W for 75K and lsx for 1.3 lacs. Including amp and wireless streamer B&W goes to 1.5 lacs.

Yes, I meant the 607 S2. I am getting B&W for 75K and lsx for 1.3 lacs. Including amp and wireless streamer B&W goes to 1.5 lacs.
That's quite pricey for the 607 S2. There are far better speakers at that price unless you like the particular B&W tonality. The Dynaudio Excite X14 and the Deftech D9 immediately come to mind.

A definite step above the 607 S2. The Dynaudios will have the B&W for lunch on most if not all aspects, except tonality which is purely subjective. The sheer detail retrieval and refinement is a clear notch above the B&W. It's also the much more neutral of the two. The sheer soundstage on offer compared to the B&W will blow most minds if they haven't experienced any better. The detail retrieval with the mid bass is to be reckoned with, especially on capable amps. Slightly dry treble with certain amps but balanced and dynamic with Marantz in my experience. The fit and finish on the B&W is embarrassing next to the Dyns.

I have the KEF Q350 and it's SQ is comparable to the same class as the 607 S2. KEF has more pronounced mids and a deep soundstage while also being the bigger speaker which gives a meatier sound whereas the B&W has sparklier more pronounced highs and punchy bass that can get your juices flowing if that's the sound you resonate with. But at 75K, on pure objective terms, you can do much better.

Like the Deftechs - very dynamic with sweet highs and a joy to listen to at low volumes if that's your thing. The fit and finish is several notches above the B&Ws well. And by employing some clever tech, this is a speaker that is extremely flexible with placement owing to some clever sound dispersion tech and up firing bass radiators.

Can't say much about the active route as I've only experienced speakers which belong to a class below the LSX viz. The Q Acoustics M20HD and the Swans D1090. Having experienced active speakers, they're usually much better bang for the buck if you can get them equivalent to their US/UK prices.

Last edited:
That's quite pricey for the 607 S2. There are far better speakers at that price unless you like the particular B&W tonality. The Dynaudio Excite X14 and the Deftech D9 immediately come to mind.

A definite step above the 607 S2. The Dynaudios will have the B&W for lunch on most if not all aspects, except tonality which is purely subjective. The sheer detail retrieval and refinement is a clear notch above the B&W. It's also the much more neutral of the two. The sheer soundstage on offer compared to the B&W will blow most minds if they haven't experienced any better. The detail retrieval with the mid bass is to be reckoned with, especially on capable amps. Slightly dry treble with certain amps but balanced and dynamic with Marantz in my experience. The fit and finish on the B&W is embarrassing next to the Dyns.

I have the KEF Q350 and it's SQ is comparable to the same class as the 607 S2. KEF has more pronounced mids and a deep soundstage while also being the bigger speaker which gives a meatier sound whereas the B&W has sparklier more pronounced highs and punchy bass that can get your juices flowing if that's the sound you resonate with. But at 75K, on pure objective terms, you can do much better.

Like the Deftechs - very dynamic with sweet highs and a joy to listen to at low volumes if that's your thing. The fit and finish is several notches above the B&Ws well. And by employing some clever tech, this is a speaker that is extremely flexible with placement owing to some clever sound dispersion tech and up firing bass radiators.

Can't say much about the active route as I've only experienced speakers which belong to a class below the LSX viz. The Q Acoustics M20HD and the Swans D1090. Having experienced active speakers, they're usually much better bang for the buck if you can get them equivalent to their US/UK prices.
Isn't the excite x14 an old model? Is it still the best in the market?
What would you suggest as the best bookshelf under 1 lac?

Isn't the excite x14 an old model? Is it still the best in the market?
Exactly. It's an old model that's very accomplished and going for a discounted price. It blows away most of today's bookshelves below 1L hands down.
What would you suggest as the best bookshelf under 1 lac?
Dynaudio excite x14 amongst what I've heard and that includes the 607 S2 and the larger 606 S2 anniversary edition.

This is plain hubris but have a look at my signature to know my reference point (it won't show up on posts viewed on a cell phone).

On the other hand, i haven't heard some very competent competitiom such as Amphions and Sonus Fabers.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back