Kef q150, elac debut 6.2 or something else to pair with yamaharx v577 ? Please guide

Amansingh

Hi all
Can you suggest me good bookshelf speakers? M in Canada.

I have Yamaha rx V577 avr and have very old speakers hooked to it so now want to change speakers.

My budget is flexible between 200 cad to 400 cad.
Kef q150 and elac debut 6.2 are priced at 400 cad.

Please guide me which pair would be good or is there any other better option? Also would my receiver be good enough to run these?

Thank you

Hi all

I have Yamaha rx V577 avr and have very old speakers hooked to it so now want to change speakers.

Please guide me which pair would be good or is there any other better option? Also would my receiver be good enough to run these?

Thank you

If you can audition, it will be better then you can decide. Yamaha AVRs provide equal performance for music and movies. I am sure the Yamaha owners thread would have some experiences detailed on which Bookshelfs work best!

Hi all

Thank you
Try to audition both the speakers with your amplifier.

In case you are unable to audition, then my vote would be for the Elacs. Kef is very good too, however, Elac is much more modern and I found it better sounding.

MaSh

Hi all
Can you suggest me good bookshelf speakers? M in Canada
You can't go wrong with either. Andrew Jones was at KEF and ELAC. He has worked his magic under both brands. I have not heard that Elac. With a Kef, I can say for sure that they present lovely mid range. Both speakers are close in terms of needing solid grunt from an amplifier.

Carry your receiver, plug em in and listen. Thats the best way to decide which speaker will be compatible or present the best sound for you.

You can't go wrong with either. Andrew Jones was at KEF and ELAC. He has worked his magic under both brands. I have not heard that Elac. With a Kef, I can say for sure that they present lovely mid range. Both speakers are close in terms of needing solid grunt from an amplifier.

Carry your receiver, plug em in and listen. Thats the best way to decide which speaker will be compatible or present the best sound for you.

Having owned KefQ150 i can say they are shy of mids, slight V curve in them.
But these were my favourite speakers till date, underrated!
The low end and the highs are mesmerising, the vocals are brilliant. Many people thought I used a sub when I played these, they are that good.
Small puppies with big feet’s.

I have used them only in Stereo setup, not with AVR. So the mileage’s may differ.
Regret selling them!

Audition both and then pick your poison.

Hi all

Thank you
KEF Q150's out of the two.

After more than 10 years of living KEF q300 ( the bigger and older brother of q150) I would say that I would never let go of them. I have used them with Onkyo amp in the HT set up with matching center channel. I now use them with a tube amp and Solid State amp and they shine in every scenario. These are slightly V shaped ( I wouldn't say that they are mid shy) with very strong base; Love them. These are also built quite solid and would give the listener years of enjoyment. Do check if q150 would be suitable for your room size. If not, you can consider the bigger q350. Good luck!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back