Kef R3 Meta / Triangle LN 05A

A few things that trickled

1. LN05A is out as it is powered. While it felt less of a hassle repairs can be an issue.
2. I took a demo of Indiq diamond towers and really liked the vocals. However I may need to take one more demo with Class AB amp that I want to purchase.
3. The room is quite empty so I may need fill it little bit is a great suggestion I recieved

For Amps these are the ones I have shortlisted

1. Nad C399
2. Audiolab 7000A
3. Atoll IN100
4. Roksan Atessa
5. Any other recommendations?

Leaning towards the Atoll IN100 unless you suggest otherwise. I prefer warm soundstage with opened up vocals mostly. I do not have a way to demo all 4 amps together.

Plan is to buy the amp and take demo between Kef r3 Meta and diamond floorstanders from indiq audio.
I own younger sibling of diamond achals for more than 3 years and I can vouch for their vocal capability. I also own their class AB and Class A amplifiers in different chains. You can DM me and I can probably help you decide on the amp. Got to know through indiqaudio's news letter that they are coming out with a totally new Class AB amplifier (probably 1st from Indian company), you could talk to them about it

A few things that trickled

1. LN05A is out as it is powered. While it felt less of a hassle repairs can be an issue.
2. I took a demo of Indiq diamond towers and really liked the vocals. However I may need to take one more demo with Class AB amp that I want to purchase.
3. The room is quite empty so I may need fill it little bit is a great suggestion I recieved

For Amps these are the ones I have shortlisted

1. Nad C399
2. Audiolab 7000A
3. Atoll IN100
4. Roksan Atessa
5. Any other recommendations?

Leaning towards the Atoll IN100 unless you suggest otherwise. I prefer warm soundstage with opened up vocals mostly. I do not have a way to demo all 4 amps together.

Plan is to buy the amp and take demo between Kef r3 Meta and diamond floorstanders from indiq audio.

Have heard Audiolab 7000a, Atoll IN 100 and Roksan (K3 and not the attesa). These amps tend to favour clarity and resolution (read bright in certain play backs) and I wont call them warm in any sense of the term.

Open up vocals and warmth (being your specific requirement) in solid state amps is usually a hit and/or miss. If I were you, I would go pre-power and introduce a tube preamp (says a tube preamp of 6n2p/6sn7 tubes) to get the midrange bloom and wramth. Looking at your budget, only Accoustic Portrait Swara Tube Pre/Power comes to my mind. But you can venture deep.

I am not suggesting any good tube amps (integrated or tube pre/power) since your choice of speakers are not exactly tube amp friendly.

But a tube pre and a SS power may just do the trick for you, given your preference.

On a side note: I had demoed R3 Meta at Provfx, Bombay. Lovely speakers. Cant go wrong with them. I drove them with Tube Amps (EL 34 making 40 odd watts). They sounded just fantastic albeit a little sacrifice in bass agility. Mid range clarity and vocals were fantastic.

Cheers.

Have heard Audiolab 7000a, Atoll IN 100 and Roksan (K3 and not the attesa). These amps tend to favour clarity and resolution (read bright in certain play backs) and I wont call them warm in any sense of the term.

Open up vocals and warmth (being your specific requirement) in solid state amps is usually a hit and/or miss. If I were you, I would go pre-power and introduce a tube preamp (says a tube preamp of 6n2p/6sn7 tubes) to get the midrange bloom and wramth. Looking at your budget, only Accoustic Portrait Swara Tube Pre/Power comes to my mind. But you can venture deep.

I am not suggesting any good tube amps (integrated or tube pre/power) since your choice of speakers are not exactly tube amp friendly.

But a tube pre and a SS power may just do the trick for you, given your preference.

On a side note: I had demoed R3 Meta at Provfx, Bombay. Lovely speakers. Cant go wrong with them. I drove them with Tube Amps (EL 34 making 40 odd watts). They sounded just fantastic albeit a little sacrifice in bass agility. Mid range clarity and vocals were fantastic.

Cheers.
The r series and references sound agile when placed right in the room, their woofers are very accurate and the decay is as good as you can get. Only issue is the port, it fires really odd to me that, depending on how you aim them to the wall behind(angle and distance) the sound changes vastly. At the right setting, it’s faster than sealed boxes that I had listened in the past including the likes of harbeth, Spendor and co.. At a store it won’t be at the perfect setting. To know bit of how good rhey can be try with the supplied foam plugs of listen closely to the woofers. They really sing with the signal perfectly.

Quite optimistic, the amplifiers you have chosen might be good bring out the potential in the kef ls50/ fyne f500/SF lumina's and the like but for the Kef R3 meta you will need better amplification along with equally good source. For amplifiers Rogue sphinx/exposure 2510/unison research unico primo/Rotel 1572 MKII should be where you begin having a look(even better if you can find them used). Try talking to some FM's who are using O&B amplifers, Haven't heard them in person but seems like the crowds favourite in the budget segment.
I have an option to.pick something from Bangkok...

Rotel RA 1572 MKII
CA CXA81
Rotel A14 II

Which one would be recommended?

Hegel is more expensive here. Audiolab dealer is different.

I have an option to.pick something from Bangkok...

Rotel RA 1572 MKII
CA CXA81
Rotel A14 II

Which one would be recommended?

Hegel is more expensive here. Audiolab dealer is different.
Get the demo for both The Rotel RA 1572 MKII and cambridge CXA81 and decide. Do confirm the pricing in india also and then go ahead if the difference is considerable

Get the demo for both The Rotel RA 1572 MKII and cambridge CXA81 and decide. Do confirm the pricing in india also and then go ahead if the difference is considerable
I had listened the Cambridge audio cx series(not sure if it’s the exact same model you mentioned here) with R11. It could drive them easily with lot of grippy bass. I never liked CA amps before but with KEF they work well.

I had listened the Cambridge audio cx series(not sure if it’s the exact same model you mentioned here) with R11. It could drive them easily with lot of grippy bass. I never liked CA amps before but with KEF they work well.
I'm not a fan of Cambridge audio either having owned the Cambridge cxa80 for a good two years, never got to like its sounds and hence sold it. Haven't heard them again since 2021 so cannot comment if they still are the same. Since @kpp mentioned these two I suggested a demo to choose what he likes, I'm more inclined towards the rogue and unison research amps as I have heard them on multiple occasions and really like how they sound.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back