Kenwood - Display Difference

sudhan_venkat

The feature-wise comparison between a Kenwood BT945U and KDC-X994 remains the same, apart from the below mentioned 2 features, which sounded strange for me to compare. This comes at a extra cost of $50 on X994.

Is it something like a plan white display Vs a color display ? bcos that's what I would arrive looking at the pictures of both the head-units.

Can anyone tell me what this difference would be ?

KDC-BT945U
Interactive Illumination Effect with 5-line Text Display
14 Segment Wide FL Display
Kenwood - KDC-BT945U

KDC-X994 and 8016-BT
Variable Illumination Matches Vehicle Dash Lighting
5-line White Backlit LCD Display
Kenwood - KDC-X994

I was trying to do some search to find the difference and landed up on
this link:

Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Difference between Kenwood KDC-BT945U and KDC-X994?

See if it is of any help.

BTW the variable illumination means that you can change the color of the display
and also the light around the knob to match with your car speedo/tacho color
illumination. You can also leave that to do random colors.

I have a Kenwood X 7013 U and the display on that is horrible. If nothing has
changed between 7013 and the 8016, 994 or 945U then you will hate the kenwood
for the display. Otherwise SQ is good.

Between the 2 options, read up which has better display and go for it. Other
components that make up the SQ remain the same as far as I can see.

Thanks very much Sivakuru, The link you gave was helpful.

Where & when did you buy your headunit ? How much did u pay for it (was it with warranty) ?

I am much in the same confusion on the display, as no one has written good or bad comparing both the head units.

What I assume from the pictures of X994 and 945U, to me X994 multicolor display and other is probably plain white.

X7013U has the same exact feature of X994 but the display of 945U. I read somewhere that it was X7013U was an intermediate release between the both.

The Only Difference in feature between a X994 and 945U for an additional $50

How would you rate your system on SQ of X7013U ?? what's your take ?

I don't know how far is this "Radio Data System" is going to be helpful in India but it is an additional feature on X994.

Thanks
Sudhan

Last edited:
Thanks very much Sivakuru, The link you gave was helpful.

Where & when did you buy your headunit ? How much did u pay for it (was it with warranty) ?

I bought it via a relative from Singapore. I think I paid about 10k. This was
about a year back. No warranty.

How would you rate your system on SQ of X7013U ?? what's your take ?

The SQ is very good. Honestly I have not tried too many HUs to compare.
I used to use a JVC AVX 44 before and this X7013U is definitely much
better than that. Also I have another Kenwood entry level HU in another
car and needless to say this X7013U is much better than that as well.

IMO, you should choose the X994 mainly because of the EQ bands (5 vs 3).
That helps with tailoring sound according to our preference better than
having just 3.

The x7013u also has several other features to make adjustments to the
way we would like to hear the sound and those actually work. One other
complaint I have with x7013u is with the user interface. You will have to
make several entries to reach/make a adjustment. But with time and use
and practice it should be fine.

Thanks on your opinion Sivakuru.

I found X994 to be the best choice for now and will have it buy though a friend of mine in the US, who is coming down next week. As the Indian version of X994 ($300), which is KDC-X8016BT with the same feature cost me 19K (with Warranty).

Thanks on your opinion Sivakuru.

I found X994 to be the best choice for now and will have it buy though a friend of mine in the US, who is coming down next week. As the Indian version of X994 ($300), which is KDC-X8016BT with the same feature cost me 19K (with Warranty).

@ 19k you shld see a touchscreen headunit ;)

Hi Kittu,

I am planning to get it through the friend of mine, who is coming down from US so I will ultimately end up paying 13K.

and somehow I wanted a pure Audio Head unit with great SQ and thought if I had Touchscreen as an additional feature than the money is spent on that specific tech also.

Any suggestion on Touchscreen Head Units within this price range ? (any Alpine/ Kenwood/ Clarion)

Hi Kittu,

I am planning to get it through the friend of mine, who is coming down from US so I will ultimately end up paying 13K.

and somehow I wanted a pure Audio Head unit with great SQ and thought if I had Touchscreen as an additional feature than the money is spent on that specific tech also.

Any suggestion on Touchscreen Head Units within this price range ? (any Alpine/ Kenwood/ Clarion)

not sure abt kenny and clarion but pio/alpine and jvc have some good touchscreen units.... Pioneer 4250BT / 3250BT I have seen nice units 5.8 in lcd touchscreen with usb/sd/aux/bt features ..

Hi,

Just a really quick query as I already mentioned about planning to buy Kenwood X994 for ($300) in the US which is similar to that of the KDC-X8016BT in feature, my friend asked me a few question's which made me ask back in the forum.

1. Will the features like the FM frequency work in India ?
2. Ratio of Good to Bad experience buying it from the US to use in India ?

I am primarily asking this as the warranty is void when the product is out of US and the 30 days return back policy also want work for me.

Thanks and Appreciate a quick reply on the same.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back