KEVLAR CONE Bookshelf speakers

Dinesh Menon

An interesting speaker with Kevlar cone from Soundking: F-35K, 20-100Watts RMS
& 8ohms, weighing around 13kgs/pair, costing 10K !!
Again solid build, sounds too good!!

Attachments

• 1400x1400 (2).jpeg
    1400x1400 (2).jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 700x700 (1).jpeg
    700x700 (1).jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 43
I checked the link and the specs of speaker. They cannot even write specs properly. In title they say 8 ohms and just below that they say 4 ohms
You are right.
Same in the case of their amps, 2 of which were standing out, but with confusing spec sheet ! Not even basic information about chipset !
I've posted them in our Amplifier section.

You are right.
Same in the case of their amps, 2 of which were standing out, but with confusing spec sheet ! Not even basic information about chipset !
Once I wrote an email to them from their "contact info" and inquired about a 100w rms subwoofer amp plate and just asked them a simple question that if they have any plan to make ready active subwoofer with the same amplifier plate. They never replied. Then I put a negative comment on google page. On that someone replied that I should write to them only on what's app. So we can't really say that they are customer oriented. I bet if any thing goes wrong with the product the customer will face great difficulties for repairs and service. Moreover they do not have any policy for giving demo even at their own premises. I feel they are just selling "Chaloo" type of stuff and I am very sure they can never have a customer base who are quality conscious and loyal. By putting paid reviews on you tube by tying up with a few you tubers does not define quality and service.

You are right.
It seems the spec sheet is rectified now. It is 8 ohms now in the title and the description. It seems like "copy-paste" done earlier in haste, now someone must have paid attention and rectified. But overall incomplete specs in almost all of their products.

Once I wrote an email to them from their "contact info" and inquired about a 100w rms subwoofer amp plate and just asked them a simple question that if they have any plan to make ready active subwoofer with the same amplifier plate. They never replied. Then I put a negative comment on google page. On that someone replied that I should write to them only on what's app. So we can't really say that they are customer oriented. I bet if any thing goes wrong with the product the customer will face great difficulties for repairs and service. Moreover they do not have any policy for giving demo even at their own premises. I feel they are just selling "Chaloo" type of stuff and I am very sure they can never have a customer base who are quality conscious and loyal. By putting paid reviews on you tube by tying up with a few you tubers does not define quality and service.
What I have gathered is they are just rebranding/assembling and selling Chinese products. So they have no specific knowledge about these imports.
Their speaker-magnets have marking in Chinese language, as recently shown in a Malayalam channel. Kerala guys buy in bulk, without the brand label, and sell below the company rates.

It seems the spec sheet is rectified now. It is 8 ohms now in the title and the description. It seems like "copy-paste" done earlier in haste, now someone must have paid attention and rectified. But overall incomplete specs in almost all of their products.
Copy-paste of Copycat Chi-fi products 😃
Fundamentals aside, the amps and speakers look VFM. Internal works are also decent. All the parts are of the same manufacturer. No proper damping inside the speaker box.( As shown in the YouTube videos)
Soundking👑Will it sound good ?

Thanks for sharing.

Some look familiar to products i see at Lamington Road (Grant Road East Mumbai) which is the electronics market.
They are based in Vartak Nagar, Thane.
Their distributor: SB ELECTRONICS,
5A, Motiwala bldg., Proctor Road,
Grant Road (East), Mumbai -7
Phone no.: 9321798708

Happy New Week 🙏

They are based in Vartak Nagar, Thane.
Their distributor: SB ELECTRONICS,
5A, Motiwala bldg., Proctor Road,
Grant Road (East), Mumbai -7
Phone no.: 9321798708

Happy New Week 🙏

Yes. The honest opinion is that from my college days I have been buying parts and making amplifiers as a hobby then for self use as I could not afford the ready brands then. These local brands actually last longer and can be easily repaired within reasonable costs unlike the big foreign brands we use which come with limited warranty. Proper Specs may not be listed as most of those managing dont have the time to update or even entertain over the phone unless you are their known regular customer.. It is always face to face interactions.

I am currently looking at slim power amps which is distributed by AS Audio, again they have a Lamington Road address, amps are decent, one of my DJ friend is using the big MT series which works really well. I am looking at the MH series.

Yes. The honest opinion is that from my college days I have been buying parts and making amplifiers as a hobby then for self use as I could not afford the ready brands then. These local brands actually last longer and can be easily repaired within reasonable costs unlike the big foreign brands we use which come with limited warranty. Proper Specs may not be listed as most of those managing dont have the time to update or even entertain over the phone unless you are their known regular customer.. It is always face to face interactions.

I am currently looking at slim power amps which is distributed by AS Audio, again they have a Lamington Road address, amps are decent, one of my DJ friend is using the big MT series which works really well. I am looking at the MH series.

Went through the website of AS Audio.
They make PA amps and speakers.
MH series comes with high power output,
but the dynamics of a stereo amp may be not there.
Like you, I am also trying to buy a local brand, but I'm not technically competent like you to build one myself.
Since you are in Mumbai, you can audition DNM Multi channel & Hi-fi stereo amps in their factory itself. The owner, Dilip Bajaj, had promptly provided all the specific details and price to me through emails. He invited for an audition. They have years of expertise in professional audio and home audio and priced reasonably.
(Also Speakers & Subwoofers)

DNM, Pulz, Norge (all mumbai based) are some of brands that are there in the market since say 80's and 90's and are having good quality components. I am using Norge amp and I also have a DNM tuner. I do not find them lacking in any aspect although I have also used few imported amps and CD player. The biggest pinch comes at time of repair for the imported audio components. If one can compromise on looks, fit and finish then Indian amps are not a bad bet. Just do not get influenced by you tube reviews and other social posts. Hear them yourself and then decide. One can also consider soundking if on very tight budget, will be getting more of quantity then quality and not sure of longetivity. However DIY is another game altogether, one who is technically sound can also do that, make their own speakers and amps at a fraction of cost then readymade available products. There is no bigger satisfaction then doing DIY.

Went through the website of AS Audio.
They make PA amps and speakers.
MH series comes with high power output,
but the dynamics of a stereo amp may be not there.
Like you, I am also trying to buy a local brand, but I'm not technically competent like you to build one myself.
Since you are in Mumbai, you can audition DNM Multi channel & Hi-fi stereo amps in their factory itself. The owner, Dilip Bajaj, had promptly provided all the specific details and price to me through emails. He invited for an audition. They have years of expertise in professional audio and home audio and priced reasonably.
(Also Speakers & Subwoofers)

Hi,

Aware of DNM and dealt with Dilip in the past years. Still exploring and will the best cost effective options.

So you've gone through many audio systems, please do post about your final choice. It will be helpful to me.

At the moment with Marantz AVRs! Had Yamahas, Pioneer, Harmon, Denon, Bose, Sony, NAD in the past.

College time Lamington Road Amp Kits then Arphi, Pace, Dome, Norge those days. (22 yrs + back)

At the moment with Marantz AVRs! Had Yamahas, Pioneer, Harmon, Denon, Bose, Sony, NAD in the past.

College time Lamington Road Amp Kits then Arphi, Pace, Dome, Norge those days. (22 yrs + back)
So after enjoying both the global and local brands, you are again going local !
I started with Philips and still stuck with Sony.
What's your take on the likes of Fosi ZA3?
An integrated TPA3255 high-end Class-D amp. ZA3 is equipped with high-quality components like German Wima capacitors, Japanese NCC and ELNA capacitors, and Japanese Sumida inductors.
Mono Mode switch on the front of Fosi Audio ZA3, enable users to get the benefits of more power from 2 × ZA3 acting in parallel, one ZA3 feeding the left speaker and the other feeding the right Speaker, to provide extra clean audio using the Mono block setup.
With 48 volt, 5 amp external power brick, the amp runs cool.
Sounds great as per ASR- reviews.
Chi-fi redefining hi-fi audio?
Thread 'Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fosi-audio-za3-amplifier-review.52139/

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back