• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Kii Audio Three

I really enjoyed the Kii room in the Mumbai audio show (my top 3 rooms in that brief sojourn).
As @bhagwan said, I found 15L quite steep for what they offered.

Meanwhile on @vnavin thoughts of DSP vs non-DSP I have just ordered the Lyngdorf 3400 (DAC+preamp+amp+room correction+music server in one box) and in September, will be comparing it to my 300b tube SET monoblocks with tube DAC to see what works better with my speakers and room. Should be interesting. This for me will be the ultimate test between DSP vs purist approach to audio.

Will report back.
DSP will have higher accuracy in balance but musicality is always with the 300B

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

essrand

Looking forward to this.
I really enjoyed the Kii room in the Mumbai audio show (my top 3 rooms in that brief sojourn).
As @bhagwan said, I found 15L quite steep for what they offered.

Meanwhile on @vnavin thoughts of DSP vs non-DSP I have just ordered the Lyngdorf 3400 (DAC+preamp+amp+room correction+music server in one box) and in September, will be comparing it to my 300b tube SET monoblocks with tube DAC to see what works better with my speakers and room. Should be interesting. This for me will be the ultimate test between DSP vs purist approach to audio.

Will report back.
I forgot to reply back to this thread until square_wave messaged me (thanks!).

I did manage a comparison of sorts.

I compared 1) Lyngdorf 3400 powering my speakers (network player, dac, pre, amp, room correction)
against the
2) Coincident 300b with Lyngdorf 3400 as its network player, DAC and pre and room correction.

I definitely preferred option-2 which says to me that the 300b is better than the Lyngdorf digital amp for my speakers.

Option-2: gave the deep bass of an SS but also the alive and rich sound of tubes with good extension amongst the highs and lows.

Option-1 sounded a bit more dull and un-involving in comparison. 300b SET amps do justice to their reputation for sure.
Amp vs Amp, 300b certainly beat the class-D for the music I listen to (Indian classical, jazz, middle-eastern instrumental).

I have just bought a new Network-Player/DAC/Pre combo which is being shipped to me as we speak, that I will soon compare against the Lyngdorf to see if it can beat the Lyngdorf/300b combo.

AVM

Though the Lyndorf unit is highly acclaimed your observations are insightful.

essrand

I think it is a matter amp-speaker synergy.

After much research and talking to. I learnt the hard way that my speakers were designed for tube amps and SS amps (any SS amp) doesn't sound quite right with them (quite a few dealers/owners told me that recently).

renjith lal

I forgot to reply back to this thread until square_wave messaged me (thanks!).

I did manage a comparison of sorts.

I compared 1) Lyngdorf 3400 powering my speakers (network player, dac, pre, amp, room correction)
against the
2) Coincident 300b with Lyngdorf 3400 as its network player, DAC and pre and room correction.

I definitely preferred option-2 which says to me that the 300b is better than the Lyngdorf digital amp for my speakers.

Option-2: gave the deep bass of an SS but also the alive and rich sound of tubes with good extension amongst the highs and lows.

Option-1 sounded a bit more dull and un-involving in comparison. 300b SET amps do justice to their reputation for sure.
Amp vs Amp, 300b certainly beat the class-D for the music I listen to (Indian classical, jazz, middle-eastern instrumental).

I have just bought a new Network-Player/DAC/Pre combo which is being shipped to me as we speak, that I will soon compare against the Lyngdorf to see if it can beat the Lyngdorf/300b combo.

Thanks for your comparison, I have a Devialet and was confused to go for a higher version of Devialet or Class A amp.
Devialet and Lyngdorf are similar amps though sound could be different.

SPONSORED ADS