Kindly help me upgrade my system.

jenson

*** if there are related threads... kindly help me with links

Hello Folks,

I currently have a Pulz RS 250 Amp and pre amp combo..running pandam satellites and passive subs.. ya i know, i dont deserve to be here :)

i have set this up in my bedroom which is squarish, 10 X 11.. recent addition being a 42 inch LCD, which has tempted me to go for a HT setup. i have had this system for close to 6 years now. still sounds really good, im happy with the sound and performance.. i listen to mostly trance stuff to rock/pop ranging from panic at the disco to arcade fire to the killers to sepultura to almost anything...

now coming to the HT setup, which is why i posted this thread.. i would like to go for budget AV receiver with enough ooomph to shake me up. also, i plan to move the current satellites to being rear speakers and add new front speakers.

by doing so, i was planning to run the speakers thru AV and dedicate the pulz setup to power the passive subs (which has 2 six inch speakers). now, is this advisable...? or should i go for a powered sub?

any recommendations for front speakers? i want it equally good for music and movies.. (leaning more towards music)...want bass which would get a grip of my heart and rub it. i think the word is tight? i also enjoy mid-range which is kinda missing in my current set up.

Coming to budget..

AV: under 30k
Front speakers: under 20k preferably
Subs: ideally, i would like to go with the thought i had.. but if you folks feel it still wont do justice, i'm open to try new things.. budget: 20k

i can fiddle around with the budget for sure shot things. also, if you folks to cud throw some names on who the dealers would be in mumbai; it'd be highly appreciated..

p.s. i have an offer of Pioneer (4 year old) VSX d712 for 13k negotiable.. your thoughts?

edit: i don't mind chucking present system entirely and building a new one!

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back