Kindly suggest CPU Cabinet for up to 5K Max

elangoas

Hi All,

My CPU config as follows

Intel DG33FB Motherbaord (ATX)
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 processor
8GB DDR2 RAM (4 slots of 2GB each @800Mhz)
Nvidia Geforce GT740 2GB DDR5 GPU
Corsair VS550 SMPS
4 TB internal HDD (2 x 2 TB)
1 CD Drive
1 DVD Drive
Deepcool GS120mm Fan...

Usage : Music, movies, browsing, youtube videos & causal gaming (luxor HD & Angry birds HD)

Am looking to upgrade my CPU cabinet.. The existing one is Hytech, which was procured 10 yrs back.. Not sure if this is good brand... Not enough ventilation i believe.

When playing Luxor HD game for like 15 - 20 mins, my CPU hits 80'C (CPU meter)....I have installed CPU meter & GPU meter...

Looking to upgrade cabinet, browsed thru few, came across this...

Amazon.in: Buy DEEPCOOL KENDOMEN TI MID TOWER COMPUTER CASE (BLACK) Online at Low Prices in India | DEEPCOOL Reviews & Ratings

Looks decent with 5 x 120mm fans preinstalled.. Is this a good buy (or) please suggest any other better products around 5K budget max...

I have this in white and am very happy with it. Best thing about it is it has a sata slot to temporarily attach HDD on top. No need for slow USB :D. Here is a review.

Last edited:
Go for Corsair 300R, it has two versions. Normal and Windowed. Price is around 5.5K. Just 500 bucks extra. but Corsair is a renowned brand. It won't let you down

Hi All,

My CPU config as follows

Intel DG33FB Motherbaord (ATX)
Intel Core2Quad Q6600 processor
8GB DDR2 RAM (4 slots of 2GB each @800Mhz)
Nvidia Geforce GT740 2GB DDR5 GPU
Corsair VS550 SMPS
4 TB internal HDD (2 x 2 TB)
1 CD Drive
1 DVD Drive
Deepcool GS120mm Fan...

Usage : Music, movies, browsing, youtube videos & causal gaming (luxor HD & Angry birds HD)

Am looking to upgrade my CPU cabinet.. The existing one is Hytech, which was procured 10 yrs back.. Not sure if this is good brand... Not enough ventilation i believe.

When playing Luxor HD game for like 15 - 20 mins, my CPU hits 80'C (CPU meter)....I have installed CPU meter & GPU meter...

Looking to upgrade cabinet, browsed thru few, came across this...

Amazon.in: Buy DEEPCOOL KENDOMEN TI MID TOWER COMPUTER CASE (BLACK) Online at Low Prices in India | DEEPCOOL Reviews & Ratings

Looks decent with 5 x 120mm fans preinstalled.. Is this a good buy (or) please suggest any other better products around 5K budget max...
d6dab28e90ad3cf040bd5bf688c980a7.jpg

This is for reference

Last edited:
I have this in white and am very happy with it. Best thing about it is it has a sata slot to temporarily attach HDD on top. No need for slow USB :D.

Yeah i saw Circle Cabinet CC830 too in both white & black... Looks lovely.. Kind of love @ first sight (White colour).. But worried abt dust & look after few years of usage..

How long have you been using it? I guess it comes with installed with 3 x 120mm fans.... How is the ventilation & cable management?

Go for Corsair 300R, it has two versions. Normal and Windowed. Price is around 5.5K. Just 500 bucks extra. but Corsair is a renowned brand. It won't let you down

Looks elegant... But comes with 1 x 120 mm and 1 x 140mm fan's only... But good choice... Will add to my shortlist...

Have some clarifications... Need your inputs...

1) To me the Cooler Master Hyper 103 Cooler has radiator/heatsink kind of stuff.. Is that liquid cooled or air cooled? Looks big, not sure if my existing cabinet could take it :sad:

2) My motherboard has 2 x 3-pin slots and 1 x 4-pin PWM slot apart from 1 more 4-pin connected to processor..The Deepcool GS120 fan which i got recently, had 4 pin PWM connector.. Would i benefit in increased fan speed if i connect it to motherboard or SMPS directly?

3) Though the new fan acts as front intake fan, i feel that the cabinet is not effectively designed for surplus air intake..

4) My cabinet supports top mounted SMPS, it has a 120mm fan which i think acts as exhaust...On the rear side of the cabinet, @ present is an ordinary 92mm fan.. Would i benefit if i switch to 120mm fan?

Note : I am not a serious gamer.. Juz playing casual games whenever i find time and trying to improve my PC thru better components...

BTW did you check if the culprit is not the CPU fan, I had my CPU too at extremely high temps until I diagnosed that it was the CPU fan not working properly, nonetheless, I upgraded my CPU cooler to cooler master blizzard t2 and everything seems to be working fine, my suggestion is to buy a good enough cabinet from corsair, cooler master, antec....check some here:
https://www.theitdepot.com/products-Computer+Cabinets_C5.html
Get one cpu cooler as well which will keep ur CPU cool and ever since I upgraded my cooler, the lag with certain programs has been slightly reduced, Also cable management may make a slight difference if not much.

So you suggesting me for a CPU cooler first & then cabinet change...

CPU cooler change is must, cabinet is recommended if your budget allows.

Have some clarifications... Need your inputs...

1) To me the Cooler Master Hyper 103 Cooler has radiator/heatsink kind of stuff.. Is that liquid cooled or air cooled? Looks big, not sure if my existing cabinet could take it :sad:

Air Cooled

2) My motherboard has 2 x 3-pin slots and 1 x 4-pin PWM slot apart from 1 more 4-pin connected to processor..The Deepcool GS120 fan which i got recently, had 4 pin PWM connector.. Would i benefit in increased fan speed if i connect it to motherboard or SMPS directly?

Nope

3) Though the new fan acts as front intake fan, i feel that the cabinet is not effectively designed for surplus air intake..

You can change he cabinet

4) My cabinet supports top mounted SMPS, it has a 120mm fan which i think acts as exhaust...On the rear side of the cabinet, @ present is an ordinary 92mm fan.. Would i benefit if i switch to 120mm fan?

Nope, not much

The only thing that might make a good amount of difference can only be a better CPU cooler. Then yes a better cabinet, with proper ventilation, with correct airflow. Top back fan should be exhaust and front bottom should be intake. Few extras like better cable management and not keeping the unit in a too congested place also helps ....

Last edited:
BTW did you check if the culprit is not the CPU fan, I had my CPU too at extremely high temps until I diagnosed that it was the CPU fan not working properly, nonetheless, I upgraded my CPU cooler to cooler master blizzard t2 and everything seems to be working fine, my suggestion is to buy a good enough cabinet from corsair, cooler master, antec....check some here:
https://www.theitdepot.com/products-Computer+Cabinets_C5.html
Get one cpu cooler as well which will keep ur CPU cool and ever since I upgraded my cooler, the lag with certain programs has been slightly reduced, Also cable management may make a slight difference if not much.

Thanx buddy.. I have checked the CPU cooler fan.. It is clean..

When no operation is done on PC, the CPU temp is 58 - 62'C between the 4 cores... When game is in progress it reaches 77 - 82'C.. (all these per CPU meter application).

The GPU temp is usually between 35 - 38'C.. During game play (or) immediately after that it reaches 53'C and then back to 35 - 38 in few mins..

Thanx for the pointers it helps...

CPU cooler change is must, cabinet is recommended if your budget allows.

The only thing that might make a good amount of difference can only be a better CPU cooler. Then yes a better cabinet, with proper ventilation, with correct airflow. Top back fan should be exhaust and front bottom should be intake. Few extras like better cable management and not keeping the unit in a too congested place also helps ....

Thanx Sam.. It helps..

Did read few things on the CPU cooler and came across the product page of Deepcool CPU coolers... Hope Deepcool as a brnad is good as others..

Here is a list of products compatible with LGA775 DEEPCOOL Intel LGA 775

In addition to what you had suggested, i chose 2 other products from Deepcool around same price but with bigger fan 120mm.. (Need to check the space tomorrow), reason being bigger fan makes better airflow even if spinning slow.. Correct me if am wrong...

Gammaxx S40
http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_512.shtml

Gammaxx 300
GAMMAXX 300 DEEPCOOL CPU Air Coolers

Frostwin V2.0 looks lovely... But not sure if i would need such a cooler...
http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_513.shtml

I did check my cabinet dimensions and a rough height from CPU to the cabinet cover.. It has more than 160mm depth, so i guess it should be able to accommodate a tower CPU cooler too...

Deepcool Gammaxx s40 seems to be 143mm height.. So i guess, shouldn't be a problem...

Please share your insights/feedback on the Deepcool CPU cooler's/Gammaxx series...

Found some more info...The processor on my PC is Intel core 2 Quad Q6600 with TDP of 105W.. Should i consider a cooler based on TDP ?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back