Klipsch RF62 / RF82 + Marantz SR6006

Thanks for all the help and inputs so far. Some more questions on accessories/setup. Appreciate inputs:

1. Any recommendations / suggestions for cable will help. Any specific brand I should look for? Will 16 gauge speaker cable do or should I be looking 14/12 gauge? I will prefer a flat ribbon type as I will likely get it concealed. I will likely need about 80 feet of cables for 5.1 setup and a cost indication will help, if you can.

2. How much ventilation do I need for AVR. I am getting a wooden unit done but its a largely closed design. I need to provide ventilation grills / holes, particularly for AVR slot. I have read a bit on related threads on the forum. I will likely have about 3-4 gap on all sides of AVR (L, R, Top, Back) and some ventilation grill / slots on back / side slot wall. Will that do or should I have whole back of unit open? Front will be a glass door.

3. I presume Klipsch subwoofer SW350 will be inadequate in a Klipsch rf82 5.1 setup. Recommended and ideal choice is Klipsch SW112, but would love being corrected here if I am wrong.

4. In Mumbai, will you recommend surge protector plug socket or normal commercial power plug socket will do for power plug-in?

Thanks again.

Glad to be of help.. I was on the same path not 6 months ago.. so the agony and the confusion is very familiar :) ....comming to your doubts... lets see...

1. Yup as suggested by others I m currently using a 14 Guage Pro fx and as per my queries they do the job pretty well.. I am about to test with other cables also..in about 2 weeks or so..

2. Yup yup like mpw suggested.. any rack with 3-4inches gap should do.. also see if you can keep the front open during operation this gives a longer life (I ve learnt it from the pro s here ). But the unit should have cross ventillation ;) just like us

3. Would suggest you lookout for other subwoofers... again.. if your room is big which requires Floorstanders... (Ofcourse in this matter I could totally be wrong...) But another FM had suggested that I go for 2 subwoofers with smaller drivers in my Hall of 30x18

4. Always use surge protectors.. without a doubt and as far as I ve seen if possible then add an online proper sinewave UPS..... there have been couple of issues that i ve read i think in this forum itself..:indifferent14:

Thanks a ton. Some follow up questions on cable - should one pick a better quality or lower gauge, if there has to be a trade-off? I am down to three choices and all three are in similar price range - Ven Den Hul (VDH) 16 gauge, Audioquest 14 gauge and Monster 14 gauge. I am told that VDH 16 gauge will be a far better choice as opposed to any other 14 gauge wire. Any suggestions / concurrance / contradictions?

Also, Can I use different speaker cables in the same setup (i.e. Use may be a costly one 12/14 gauge for front and center and use a mid-one for 14/16 gauge for surround? Is that advisable / workable? Thanks.

Thanks a ton. Some follow up questions on cable - should one pick a better quality or lower gauge, if there has to be a trade-off? I am down to three choices and all three are in similar price range - Ven Den Hul (VDH) 16 gauge, Audioquest 14 gauge and Monster 14 gauge. I am told that VDH 16 gauge will be a far better choice as opposed to any other 14 gauge wire. Any suggestions / concurrance / contradictions?

Also, Can I use different speaker cables in the same setup (i.e. Use may be a costly one 12/14 gauge for front and center and use a mid-one for 14/16 gauge for surround? Is that advisable / workable? Thanks.

I have no clue about the speaker cables..I m an amateur too!! but if people say a VDH 16 gauge = 14gauge Monster or even Audioquest .. I definitely have to read about it a lill atleast... but as far as I ve been advised its very much ok to use cables of different make for fronts+Centre vs Rears/ surrounds!!

P.S Sorry for the delayed reply with very minimal information :D.. this post was buried deep . :D:sad:

Last edited:
Thanks all. So here is the update :)

- Klipsch Rf82 is ordered. I am a bit delayed in getting those home as have some carpentary work in progress till this weekend.

- HT unit to house AVR / Player etc. should be ready by this weekend as well.

- Speaker Cable - Inclining towards AudioQuest X2 (14 AWG). In the interim, may use Jamo 1.5 mm (16 AWG) cable being offered along with speakers. Welcome more inputs / suggestions on cabling bit please. I want to complete the wiring for entire 5.1 set up at this stage and appreciate ideas around brand / gauge to go with. Bare connection or Banana plugs??

- AVR - Maarntz SR6006 is still high on the list. Yamaha being the next choice. This has to be closed in next 2-3 days for sure. Budget being about Rs 50-55k I guess Marantz SR6006 (110W) is a good choice, not sure if I can get an AVR fro Yamaha stable at higher power (>= 125W) in this budget.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back