Klipsch RF82 II Floorstanders

saurabhpach

Hi

Has anybody got these klipsch speakers, I'm considering them to replace my jbl e90s as fronts for my home theatre ?
How's the quality ? And how much did they cot ya ?

Thanks in advance.

Saurabh

Hitach plasma 42, Yamaha Rx a1010 aventage receiver, pioneer sacd player, wdtv live media player.

I have the earlier version of the 82s and I love them!! They are natural to a little bright .. Igot mine which were a year old for about 40k INR the actual price of RF82 IIs isclose to about 95 k INR

I guess recently.. singh_mp also has made 1purchase of RF 82s.. very recently , If you message him may be he can give you a better picture..

On pricing Rud3dawg is right. I would say +/- 5% depending on where and from whom you source it. I did lot of benchmarking and pricing comps but that was pretty much the number.

I liked Klipsch Rf82 sound after auditioning a lot of other brand. However, do keep in mind that Klipsch is somewhat a controversial and not unanimous or even majority choice among Audiophiles. I mean you will have strong likers and dislikers. They are unlike other conventional speakers, being termed bright more often as Rud3dawg mentioned. Hence, you should audition those if you have not heard them before and see if that kind of sound suits you.

Guys in the present setup the Yamaha is unable to perform, the sound is I would say not centre heavy on all settings that Ive tried. It's just not loud enough. I need the klipsch to get me the feeling that i'm playing a system worth 2 lacs.
Just that much.

On pricing Rud3dawg is right. I would say +/- 5% depending on where and from whom you source it. I did lot of benchmarking and pricing comps but that was pretty much the number.

I liked Klipsch Rf82 sound after auditioning a lot of other brand. However, do keep in mind that Klipsch is somewhat a controversial and not unanimous or even majority choice among Audiophiles. I mean you will have strong likers and dislikers. They are unlike other conventional speakers, being termed bright more often as Rud3dawg mentioned. Hence, you should audition those if you have not heard them before and see if that kind of sound suits you.

Yup yup.. In fact if you search Klipsch in this forum you see a lot of controversial discussions and at the same time.. there are some really strong believers.. :) . Believe in your listening skills. and get into as many audition as possible.

Also Singh_mp I wanted to know did u order RF-82s or RF 82 IIs? :confused:

Just edited after seeing your post: saurabhpach

Hey.. what kind of sound are you accustomed to ? Warm or bright or neutral ? If possible try going to the Demo/Audition and take your Amd along to test it along with the Klipsch's

Last edited:
I agree Kittu .. infact I ve been advised by Flash on couple of occasions to check out the same.

Go for the RF82II's, as simple as that :D

The pairing with your Aventage 1010 AVR will be perfect.

Just hope you have a big room as these speakers can fill up a huge space without any efforts, else they will overpower your set-up ;)

Couple of Klipschheads in the forum,

Ask rudedawg, singh_mp & ....

:lol:

Go for the RF82II's, as simple as that :D

The pairing with your Aventage 1010 AVR will be perfect.

Just hope you have a big room as these speakers can fill up a huge space without any efforts, else they will overpower your set-up ;)

Couple of Klipschheads in the forum,

Ask rudedawg, singh_mp & ....

:lol:

Hehhehehe Guilty as charged!!!!

Heheh I guess Denom has noticed my inclination towards klipschs :D ...
Agreed that the Klipschs sound sweet with Aventage.... I m using one.. ;)

I guess you have to remember that your HT room is atleast 200 sqft :p

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back