Klipsch RP-6000ii vs KEF Q950

Ksharp

Both will cost me the same price
I don't have the option of auditioning either of these speakers. If someone has listened to them I would love to hear your opinions.

These will be used in my living room which is a fairly open space, approx. 30 × 20 ft.

I will be adding a subwoofer if I feel it lacking (which is likely considering the room size)
Usage will be 50/50 music and movies

I don't have the option of auditioning either of these speakers. If someone has listened to them I would love to hear your opinions.

These will be used in my living room which is a fairly open space, approx. 30 × 20 ft.

I will be adding a subwoofer if I feel it lacking (which is likely considering the room size)
If.. these two are the only options then kef ( without any doubt)

Before buying Klipsch Heresy IIIs, had auditioned KEF Q and R series, Golden Ear BS and Floor.Standers, Yamaha Saovo.. Klipsch Heresy was a blind online buy. KEF and GE were felt fatiguing. Yamaha was very good but low sensitivity and was doubtful if my SE valve amp would drive it. Heresy IIIs was found very good for music and occasionally for movies on TV or Amazon Prime.

But... Now my contraption Ahuja 12FRX on a cardboard OB trounced Klipsch for clarity and imaging

Last edited:
The Klipsch:
1. A tad bright.
2. The 6000 may be a bit small for your room and you might have to look at the RP8000s.
3. Easy to drive
4. Will be bass heavy.

The KEF:
1. Very neutral if that is what you are into.
2. Good staging, is what I remember from my limited audition time.
3. They are sealed, so will be hassle free placement, though your room size is good enough for any ported model too.
4. Also easy to drive.

Since it is the living room, yes, you will definitely need a very good sub.

Are these two your final shortlist? Or are you open to other options? If so, can try the true, neutral Dali Oberon 7s. And Paradigm also has the great Monitor SE 8000 in the same price range, if I am not wrong.

All the best.

The Klipsch:
1. A tad bright.
2. The 6000 may be a bit small for your room and you might have to look at the RP8000s.
3. Easy to drive
4. Will be bass heavy.

The KEF:
1. Very neutral if that is what you are into.
2. Good staging, is what I remember from my limited audition time.
3. They are sealed, so will be hassle free placement, though your room size is good enough for any ported model too.
4. Also easy to drive.

Since it is the living room, yes, you will definitely need a very good sub.

Are these two your final shortlist? Or are you open to other options? If so, can try the true, neutral Dali Oberon 7s. And Paradigm also has the great Monitor SE 8000 in the same price range, if I am not wrong.

All the best.
Actually found a dealer near me for dali. Will audition oberon 7 soon. Heard nothing but good about dali

Actually found a dealer near me for dali. Will audition oberon 7 soon. Heard nothing but good about dali
Superb, give it a listen.
They are also very neutral, non-fatiguing and have superb mid-bass. You will surely need a sub, though.
All the best

I have recently upgraded to Kef q950 from Polk RTI a7. Kef is perfect for your room size, what amplifier are you using though?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back