Klipsch Synergy Series from US

vj_box

Hey everyone, so I am in the middle of planning a dedicated AV room to take my home theater pleasure from living room to the next level :D

The proposed/planned space is about 22ft X 15ft - 330 sf ft approx.

But I am obviously on budgets here and looking to save some money by sourcing speakers from the US.

I have shortlisted the Klipsch synergy series. Please see below with their amazon prices. It does look like there is a substantial difference when compared to local prices.

Klipsch Synergy B-20 152.09
Klipsch Synergy C-20 149.99
Klipsch Synergy S-20 214.95

The question is whether the shortlisted bookshelf setup will do justice for the planned space ?

I will obviously listen to some music too. I have heard these speakers a while back and liked it. I will likely pair them with Denon AVR-S710W (again likely sourced from US).

I will pickup a SUB locally and haven't decided on what it is at this point.

Kindly advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Srinath. I am rather looking to simply buy them from Amazon US and have a couple of my friends to carry it along in their luggage.

Thoughts on these speakers and if they will suit my needs?

Thanks!

I don't have a clue about klipsches that are smaller than your average refrigerator.
The ones that are refrigerator sized - you need to get those that have metal mid horns. Most of them have metal tweeters, the famous T350. So you get em with metal mid horns and you're good.

However even amongst those EV and Altec are better IMHO.

Cool.
Srinath.

Note however that the Synergy series is entry level in the Klipsch portfolio. I own the Synergy sub and it is not the tightest sub i have seen - even though it shakes the house with it's output. I also own the reference series center channel and that is a different animal altogether. You might want to look at the Polk RTi line too.

If you're looking for bookshelves only - couple suggestions -

I have been partial to these for almost as long as I have been listening to good audio.

Pair Optimus Pro LX5 High Fidelity Bookshelf Speakers Linaeum Tweeters 40 4061 | eBay

@ $34.99 buy it now - it is down right cheap. Looks like the foam is a bit damamged though.

These things rarely ever break the $75 mark and really work far better than most anything else in that $$$ and size category.

If you can get the yellow woofer ones - even better. They also have a matched center.

Google this - rca linaeum bookshelf speakers and look at pics and get what you like.

Those with the weird plastic front that sits higher and the top cover fitting to it - its likely to get damaged a bit more than the other kind in transit. I call it as elephant look. I have those too, but the covers feel weaker than the other 2 type.

The cabinets are metal, covers are plastic. They cant be damaged by water etc. These speakers perform IMHO well above their $$$ and reputation suggest. They are 6 ohm though, and they also drift a bit, the tweeters are ribbons.

Cool.
Srinath.

The other thing you could do is -
And this has of late become my favorite suggestion to budget audiophiles in India that people don't take.
Buy a B&W 602 - preferably series 1 but any of the 1-2-3 will do. Has to be 602, Nothing else will work for this purpose.
Take off the drivers, grills and baffle and XO etc and ship em to India. This works even better if the cabinet has eater damage or just plain damage of any kind. You wont be using it.
Then you fabricate a floorstander to the dimensions of the infamous 602.5. 602.5 is the pre decessor to the 603. That is an awesome speaker. And 602's cost 1/2 or less that of a 603. Only difference is cabinet volume and a radiator (which 602.5 doesn't have). They made a 603 based of what they found with the 602.5.

Cool.
Srinath.

Thanks Srinath. I guess I am sticking to a more easier route of buying and bringing them back as is.

@Sash, thanks for the thoughts. How would you rate these ? They should be better than the entry level ones?
Amazon.com: Klipsch R-15M Bookshelf Monitor Speakers - Pair: Electronics

Even so, look in the craigslist of the city your friend is in. He can buy it from there and take it in luggage. In 2012 my friend and 3 others of his friends who did this. We bought an amp for $100 (a onkyo tx sv 909) and I modded it internally for running on 220v and he took it to India in a container.
Amazon and ebay you have to pay shipping and get it tested and what not and if its not working get into a dispute etc etc, and - all time consuming and painful. Craigslist covers every city in US.

Example:

Charlotte NC - My town has this -
Klipsch 75 Watt Black Speakers

In Atlanta -
klipsch speakers

That is for every city. Find what city and CL away. Or let me know and I'll send you good links.

Cool.
Srinath.

Thanks Srinath, this is a great suggestion! I will try and look for some deals in the SF bay area. I guess this way there is tremendous value and to save!

These are good - Old but good.

klipsch KG.5 bookshelf speakers - $40 is cheap, and remember CL prices are like Burma bazzar prices. It could have very little connection to what you pay. He should shoot for 30 or so, and I'll bet he'll walk away with it.
Also SF area is full of immigrants, there is nearly 80% from outside the US there, most speak worse English than most Indians.

Here is more -
Optimus Pro XL5 Linaeum Speakers
Bowers & Wilkins B&W 686 speakers set of 2
B&W Speaker Set of 2 **Excellent Condition**
Japan Made Teac S-500R Speakers
Bowers & Wilkins LM1 (4), VM1 Speakers
Design Acoustics PS-CV Speakers
NHT Super Zero speakers (pair) with stands
High Quality Grundig Bookshelf Speakers
Optimus PRO X77 Bookshelf Speakers 40-2072 <--- RCA with linaeum - I have these too, great speakers @ $25 dirt cheap.
Usher S520 Speakers - Nicely reviewed bookshelf speakers
Onkyo D-N3XA Bookshelf Speakers
Infinity Stereo Speakers - 2 bookshelf, 1 center channel
4 Acoustic Research bookshelf speakers

There is many more - just search.
Cool.
Srinath.

Thanks again Srinath. I only end up travelling to SF frequently on business visits and hence the constraint to look for deals there. I usually stop by the best buy there and they have great HT, speaker collections on demo. Might try and pick up something on sale or on open box items.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back