Kolkatans..seek your help!!

sunny

I m 4m Kolkata...planning 2 buy a 32 inch lcd..have norrowed down to 2 models..Sony v550 nd Sammy b530..hoewva i blv da Sony one is a bit ova priced...m nt dat mch intrstd in HD ready mods..now ma ques is that...is dere anything called MARKET OPERATED PRICE:p...i gt 2 kno this term frm da dealers acrs various stores in kol..dey are saying..lately compnies have fixed dis price i.e. MOP(MRP-sum fixed discount),below which we cant sell as dat mi8 lead 2 cancellation of our dealership..so that situation is such dat evry1 (including Great Eastern...i thot dey alwz offr da least price) are quoting almost da same prices..!!! The avj price dat i gt aftr ma rsch is as follows:

Sony v550 @ 42.5 grands
Sammy b530 @ 35 grands

Guyzzzzz..!!! Plz help me out 2 get a best deal..as it is i am pissd off by the shallow technical knwledge of a ppl @ da stores..hope atleast pricewise i can b a lil satisfied!!

Looking forward 2 sm support frm all fellow members(spply Kolkatans)..asap!!

I may be mistaken but simple, uncomplicated and complete English without use of too much abbreviation will make all of us understand any post better.:lol:

wazz wrong guyz..dis is da sms language..why da heck is der so much buzz abt abt da format..no offence dou!!
Plz help...:indifferent14:

Re: Kolkatans..seek your help(modified)

Hi all!! I am from Kolkata. I am planning 2 buy a 32 inch lcd by Jan 2k10 end. I have narrowed down to 2 models. They are Sony v550 and Sammy b530.Sammy b530 seems to be a value for money product whereas the Sony one, I believe, is a bit overpriced. Well, I am not that much interested in HD ready models. Now my question is that, is there anything called MARKET OPERATED PRICE...I got to know this term from the dealers across various stores in kolkata. Let me quote one of the dealers versions
Lately, companies (SONY/SAMSUNG) have fixed the prices i.e. MOP(MRP-some fixed discount),below which we can't sell as that might lead to cancellation of our dealership.
Now, I am in a fix because the situation is such that everyone (including Great Eastern Electronics...I thought they always offer the least price) is quoting almost the same prices as others..!!! The average prices that I got after my research is as follows:

Sony v550 @ 42.5 grands
Sammy b530 @ 35 grands

Guyzzzzz!!! Please help me out to get the best deal because I am already pissed off by the shallow technical knowledge of the people at the stores, so I hope at least pricewise I can be a little satisfied!!

Looking forward to some support from all fellow members (especially Kolkatans).Your help will be appreciated!!

Breif Intro..

Hi all..I am Sunny frm South Kolkata..A gadget freak..fun loving nd jovial:))

My problem in breif:

I badly need to know the name of the store in Kolkata where from I can get the maximum discount if i buy a 32 inch lcd in cash.

I hope nobody gets me wrong this time:sad:!!

Cheers:)

Re: Kolkatans..seek your help(modified)

Hi all!! I am from Kolkata. I am planning 2 buy a 32 inch lcd by Jan 2k10 end. I have narrowed down to 2 models. They are Sony v550 and Sammy b530.Sammy b530 seems to be a value for money product whereas the Sony one, I believe, is a bit overpriced. Well, I am not that much interested in HD ready models. Now my question is that, is there anything called MARKET OPERATED PRICE...I got to know this term from the dealers across various stores in kolkata. Let me quote one of the dealers versions
Lately, companies (SONY/SAMSUNG) have fixed the prices i.e. MOP(MRP-some fixed discount),below which we can't sell as that might lead to cancellation of our dealership.
Now, I am in a fix because the situation is such that everyone (including Great Eastern Electronics...I thought they always offer the least price) is quoting almost the same prices as others..!!! The average prices that I got after my research is as follows:

Sony v550 @ 42.5 grands
Sammy b530 @ 35 grands

Guyzzzzz!!! Please help me out to get the best deal because I am already pissed off by the shallow technical knowledge of the people at the stores, so I hope at least pricewise I can be a little satisfied!!

Looking forward to some support from all fellow members (especially Kolkatans).Your help will be appreciated!!

they are pretty much the same give or take,the samsung B550A is more even match to the sony V550A.with the sony slightly better in SD and sound quality.the samsung however supports 1080p in hdmi in pc mode and video,compared to the sony which supports only in video mode.

Hi Sunny,

The Samsung (B550A) looks a better value to me, if it's cheaper. Last year (2008) when I bought my LCD TV, I however bought the 37" Sony because after an extensive search we found the best SD capability from the Sony's. Panasonic was also not far behind. But Samsungs and LGs were behind. These are of course my very personal opinion. For some reason we did not consider Philips, may be, we should have.

But this year I find many forum members have commented that the Samsungs have improved tremendously.

Adder undoubtedly is an expert in this area. Just throw as many questions to him as you can think of and you will get answers.

I have never heard of the MOP that you mentioned. May be this is a new phenomenon this year in consumer electronics market in Kolkata.

BTW, I got my LCD from the Sony Store in the City Centre Mall in the Salt Lake area. This is the only Sony store in the city which offered a discount and that was at par with the best discounts (for example offered by Great Eastern). Since this store is very close to my place, we went with them. But, this year with this new MOP in place, I have no idea what they would do.

Whichever TV you end up buying, at home you will have to turn down all picture settings, because the factory defaults use extreme picture settings which are unnatural and hurt eyes.

Regards.

Last edited:
I bought the B530 in Oct 09 (Festival deals) for 33K from the Salt Lake city Centre Samsung showroom. You could check with them.

But do keep tabs on how much you spend on travelling to various shops across the city. Do not end up spending time and effort worth more than the potential 1-2K further discount :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back