Kraftwerk albums (Indian pressings)

gangof4

Hi,

I just picked up two Kraftwerk albums on Indian pressings. Although they sound very good, the kind of sound the band has, I was wondering should I stick with these or pick up some foreign pressings?

If you like the sound...why go for another one?

I think what Gangof4 is trying to say is, the Indian pressings sound good only because of the kind of music Kraftwerk does and not because of great pressing quality. He wants to know if they would sound still better on a foreign pressed disc. I do have a few imported Kraftwerk discs that are only slightly better than the Indian ones.

Regds / Shailender

In the past for foreign albums, record cos. may have imported pressed vinyls since sales would be low compared to hindi vinyls and may have only changed covers with 'made in UK/US' mark removed. There is a possibility of importing metal vinyl master disc also. So I think difference would be very little.
But I would prefer foreign pressing as colours, printing finishing of album covers are comparatively very good.

Last edited:
In the past for foreign albums, record cos. may have imported pressed vinyls since sales would be low compared to hindi vinyls and may have only changed covers with 'made in UK/US' mark removed. There is a possibility of importing metal vinyl master disc also. So I think difference would be very little.
But I would prefer foreign pressing as colours, printing finishing of album covers are comparatively very good.

Agree with you. Also the discs seem to be made of better material. At least that's what I feel from the texture and finish.

cheers for the input guys.

yes, Shailender that is exactly what i was meant. i think i will look for some cheap bargains on ebay. i love that band.

During the heyday of vinyl, member companies of the EMI group, of which the Gramophone Company of India was a member, outsourced some production to the Indian plant.

Quality of Indian pressings is as good as foreign pressings and better than some labels.

Regards,

analogadikt

Hi gangof4,

I have 3 albums of Kraftwerk in Vinyl (Indian pressings), they sound very good so don't see any quality issues in them, so I think the difference when compared to Foreign pressing may not be very much.

Just my Rs.2/-

N.Murali

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back