lap top what should I buy

update:

HP is giving only 1 year warranty. I got the laptop yesterday at a cost of inr 57 k.

I suggest you take the 2-year extended warranty too.

Of the three HP DV-series laptops bought by a friend & me in the last four years, casualties included two DVD drives and one flickery LCD (diagnosed as m/board fault, m/board replaced, fault recurred, pending return to HP Service) both of which happened after the first year had passed.

Luckily, being inherently paranoid, we both had 3-year warranties, so :cool:

Goodness - I could not have guessed even if given years :). Thanks buswal.

Wait - so everybody here knew what that stood for except me?!

No! I actually thought it was an audiophile term, and didn't bother asking lest it showed my ignorance!

Edit: I had actually googled the term, and it threw up results related to the power of the "OM" word and how it connects you to the universe etc. etc. so I gave up.

exact same flickering problem happened to my office laptop, and every component including screen, mb changed, problem didn't really go away.

I suggest you take the 2-year extended warranty too.

Of the three HP DV-series laptops bought by a friend & me in the last four years, casualties included two DVD drives and one flickery LCD (diagnosed as m/board fault, m/board replaced, fault recurred, pending return to HP Service) both of which happened after the first year had passed.

Luckily, being inherently paranoid, we both had 3-year warranties, so :cool:

Hi,

OM harmonic = old man harmonic , a term used by amateur radio operators to mean his son

YL harmonic = young lady, daughter

XYL = Ex young lady - wife

regards,

update:

HP is giving only 1 year warranty. I got the laptop yesterday at a cost of inr 57 k.

Many congratulations on your purchase, buswal! :)

I agree even I want to go for an additional two year warranty. But they said as on date as per HP policy additional warranty will not be given. Then I thought of going for dell or sony, only for the sake of additional warranty. But my son preferred HP, hence I went for it.

Since we were at cross roads, one has to sacrifice and I did for his sake.

cheers.

Last edited:
Goodness - I could not have guessed even if given years :). Thanks buswal.

Wait - so everybody here knew what that stood for except me?!

:):):):) Yes!! We all knew!! :):):):)

:eek::eek::eek::eek:Omigosh!! you didnt know it already?!!! shame on you!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cheers

congrats on your purchase and I wish you good luck :)

I agree even I want to go for an additional two year warranty. But they said as on date as per HP policy additional warranty will not be given. Then I thought of going for dell or sony, only for the sake of additional warranty. But my son preferred HP, hence I went for it.

Since we are cross roads, one has to sacrifice and I sacrificed for his sake.

cheers.

Since we are cross roads, one has to sacrifice and I sacrificed for his sake.

cheers.

@buswal:

Wow, they said no to more money up front? :lol: They must be really getting a lot of breakdowns!

Seriously, after you register your laptop with HP online, check your warranty status on the HP site. Along with the status check results, you're presented with options. See if one of them is an offer of extended warranty. Or you can click on the "Contact HP" button to either chat with or e-mail HP Support.

My experience is that often dealers don't care about helping customers with the extended warranty; possibly they get nothing out of it.

@buswal:

Wow, they said no to more money up front? :lol: They must be really getting a lot of breakdowns!

Seriously, after you register your laptop with HP online, check your warranty status on the HP site. Along with the status check results, you're presented with options. See if one of them is an offer of extended warranty. Or you can click on the "Contact HP" button to either chat with or e-mail HP Support.

My experience is that often dealers don't care about helping customers with the extended warranty; possibly they get nothing out of it.

thanks for the tip, it appears that they are getting a lot of breakdowns? Any how for the reasons stated supra, the final call was taken by my son. let me keep my fingers crossed with the hope that it wont give any trouble.

cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back