Laptop Battery

sgmane

My laptop (Toshiba A205-S5823) fails to start when i try to boot each time. This failure occurs for past 2 days. (Only the power, plug indicator light is ON. The boot signal light fails to come up. The screen is blank. So it does not show, that its in boot mode. Neither do i get the windows screen)

As an alternative i remove the battery and reinsert. Boot now - and its fine.
Is it time to change the battery? Any idea about the battery cost? Or probably anyother indication? The laptop is 3yrs old. No warranty however because it was bought in US.

Thanks

I am facing a similar proble with my Dell.

Just check if the laptop is really hot when you touch in the back panel. In my case it gets really hot, then I let it cool, it works fine.

Mine is under warranty, so will update you once they get into the job, if your symptoms are the same.

hehe the laptop battery failed .. laptop makers terminate the charging after 300 or so charges although the lithiums can do 1800 ...
allows them good money earning opportunity.

Many laptops cross this limit in 1 year . I suggest if u really need to use the laptop while travel and carry bag invest in external battery pack like the Tekkeon never buy the laptop battery .
That will keep you happy for years ! else use PC ups all the time for home use .

Thanks folks.
I checked with Toshiba and found that its apprx 6k inclusive of taxes. Not checked further.
Kaushik - pls provide the source to check for Tekkeon.

I never use the laptop with the battery. My use is always powered. Carry and travel is almost NIL. Its only used in my home. But i suppose its because of aging and as said kaushik - afterall they need to be in market. [Or may be my maintenance (which is almost NIL) is not that efficient].

But i suppose there are tips & tricks to efficiently use the laptop (with the battery) for longlife of battery. Anyone using laptop (only powered and not carry and travel)?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back