Laptop to Denon 1713 to play a video using VLC player

Premblr

Hi HFVians,

I am trying to connect my Laptop to Denon 1713 to play a video using VLC player and output through projector.

I connected using HDMI and it shows no signal in the projector via Denon,
what may be wrong?

I tried 'duplicate' 'extend' 'projector' etc. modes.

Thanks,
Prem

Hi HFVians,

I am trying to connect my Laptop to Denon 1713 to play a video using VLC player and output through projector.

I connected using HDMI and it shows no signal in the projector via Denon,
what may be wrong?

I tried 'duplicate' 'extend' 'projector' etc. modes.

Thanks,
Prem

I do not have a projector but a TV and my connection is the same but I am using XBMC/MPC-HC. So on either of XBMC or MPC-HC I can select the output device as the TV. So try to switch on the devices in this order of TV -> Amplifier/Receiver -> Laptop. I think in the VLC as well you should see the option of your projector as the output device similar to my TV case. And I think using the option of "duplicate", "extend" projector is when you use the monitor out and does not work for HDMI.

Hope you have checked all the steps-
http://www.hifivision.com/home-thea...49996-how-bitstream-hd-audio-htpc-laptop.html
Also you laptop supports all audio formats.

There are ways to check.Do not connect or turn on projector and see if your Laptop can detect Denon.If it does,then play some clips and make sure that sound is coming from Denon.

Bypass Denon and connect PJ directly.Both Audio/Video should come from PJ.

This way you can solve problem.Also check if cable is working and input on PJ is correctly set.

Thank you, will try out the steps mentioned during the weekend. So far, the HDMI signal is not detected by AVR or Projector. I get a no signal message in PJ output.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back