Lata Mangeshkar: The Nightingale Has Flown Away

All my life I have been listening to her songs. It feels like a part of me has gone. May she in her new life continue to regale listeners in whichever world she is in.

Saddest news I heard in a long time. Her songs remain an indelible part of my life.

The end of an era in India's rich music history. May the Melody Queen RIP. Not many might know that Canadian legend Anne Murray requested Lata Mangeshkar to sing her song "You Needed Me" at the United Way of Greater Toronto concert way back in 1985! Here she is taking that eternal superhit and making it all her own. So surreal and so beautiful hearing her sing in English :D

Sad News. I hear she still used to sing.
May her soul rest in peace.

A huge loss to the music fraternity. She will always remain in our hearts with her evergreen hits. Rest in Peace, Lataji.

Maa Saraswati in her human avatar had left us to her celestial abode and that too on the day of vishwarjan (immersion of idols) of Maa Saraswati. We have observed Saraswati Puja just yesterday and today is the Vishwarjan. May her soul attain serenity in the other world.

Bohut Door Mujhe Chale Jaana Hai
Meri Awaaz Hi Pehchaan Hai...

A huge loss to the nation, to music, to the culture. A void that might never be filled.

RIP

MaSh

Personally my entire life till now involved listening to her music.
Was listening to Vande Mataram from Anand math...her rendition still gives goosebumps.

Playback singers are the closest to immortals - like SP Balasubramaniam sang in one of his songs "i shall remain in the space through my music forever" - Lata ji will be there among us forever through her songs. Rip.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back