Latest developments on Directiva speaker project in ASR

Vineethkumar01

I think many of the members here might already be knowing about the Directiva v2 project going on in ASR forum.
The whole idea is regarding coming up with a controlled directivity (mostly horizontal directivity) speaker that can be DIYed at reasonable cost
Here is a recent development where they have been able to achieve controlled directivity down to lower midrange frequencies with a prototype:
This is even before the bass module.
It uses reasonable cost drivers to achieve what they achieve and uses simple concepts like the passive cardioid implementation on the Dutch and Dutch 8C speaker.
I am excited by these kind of developments. It is really heartening to see people collaborating and pushing boundaries in the DIY space. :)
I am sure that many manufacturers are going to take notice of it sooner or later. :cool:

I think many of the members here might already be knowing about the Directiva v2 project going on in ASR forum.
The whole idea is regarding coming up with a controlled directivity (mostly horizontal directivity) speaker that can be DIYed at reasonable cost
Here is a recent development where they have been able to achieve controlled directivity down to lower midrange frequencies with a prototype:
This is even before the bass module.
It uses reasonable cost drivers to achieve what they achieve and uses simple concepts like the passive cardioid implementation on the Dutch and Dutch 8C speaker.
I am excited by these kind of developments. It is really heartening to see people collaborating and pushing boundaries in the DIY space. :)
I am sure that many manufacturers are going to take notice of it sooner or later. :cool:
Thanks for pointing out. This indeed an interesting space to watch.

First video with the cardioid mid-high box in action (with a prototype crossover):

Exciting developments.. :D

For comparison, here are videos of Tim's own earlier big 2 way cardioid design:

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back