Latest posts on top of a thread?

Kudla

How to see latest posts of the thread on the top when we click on a thread link.

This was possible earlier and this new updated forum application does NOT allow me to do the same OR am I missing something?

Please advise! :)

How to see latest posts of the thread on the top when we click on a thread link.

This was possible earlier and this new updated forum application does NOT allow me to do the same OR am I missing something?

At the top of a thread, just above the first post, there is a "Jump to new" option

At the top of a thread, just above the first post, there is a "Jump to new" option

Nah! Earlier we had this setting on the preferences/options where we can set the threads to show the latest posts on the top. I do NOT see that now OR is it hidden behind some other settings? Jump to New has to be done every-time we choose a thread which was NOT the case earlier.

Nah! Earlier we had this setting on the preferences/options where we can set the threads to show the latest posts on the top.
Never knew that. But I would always like to see a thread from where I saw it last and not the latest posts first and then scroll back.
But, then, I log on very frequently. Possibly, infrequent loggers on might want it otherwise.

Are you trying to mean that posts will be sorted in descending order of actual post time?

Yes, this was possible in the recent past. The new version of the software might have deleted the feature.

That type of control (or customization) should be available with the site administrators. They might have removed the 'customization by user' feature.

That type of control (or customization) should be available with the site administrators. They might have removed the 'customization by user' feature.
I don't know why. Now which ever thread you open, the first post comes on the top.. and if it is a old thread its like seeing a post which dates back several years. Does NOT make sense. The latest post on top is easier for most use cases.

Back