LCD from USA. What to look at?

sgmane

Hi Folks,

My friend is looking for an LCD. He is likely to get one from the US.
His choice: Sony 40". (HD or Full HD) (with latest features possible - budget less than $1000)

Can anyone tell me what to look at when buying LCD from US?

Apart from the 110v-230v difference (Which he can use the converter after bringing it here). Do list what needs to be looked at before buying? (Warranty issues or any thing)
There is vast price difference here and in US. So he plans to get one from there.

He is no audiophile, but as an initial step for the audiophile setup, he is starting with the tv. I did see in the forum about after sales service not entertained here, of (some) various HT products brought outside india. So right now, i do not recommend him to buy any HT from US.

Thanks

Last edited:
I had extensively researched this topic when I moved back to India. People are not too sure whether the TVs will work in India esp with the PAL / NTSC problem. Since transmissions in India are not HD, PAL / NTSC will play a factor. If he can get a multi-system, multi-volt TV then it is fine. Else, it is not worth the hassle.

See my interaction with an "Expert" in this topic below

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=ab-hometheater&tid=1974

I hope this helps

Regards
Manumani

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back