LCD / Plasma / Projector ?

saravanansuri

Hi everyone, Over the last couple of weeks, I have been toiling with the idea of setting up a PJ. Have been reading thru a lot of reviews abt PJ's and the LCD and plasmas too.
So thought of creating a discussion on our forum over the adv / disadv of using PJ and TV's.
This is more towards aspiring LCD / plasma buyers.

For example lets take budget(which is the main factor most of us look at):
Currently the best plasma (as per most of our forum members) is PV8 which retails for aournd 45-50K roughly. The 720P Optoma projectors retail for around 60-70K (you can get it much cheaper outside India and PJ's dont have voltage issues). Does it make sense to buy the PJ and use a 100Inch screen and enjoy ur movies, rather than getting 42" plasma or LCD for that matter?

Once the LCD / Plasmas become more affordable (lets say in 2 yrs and we get more TV channels in HD), take the plunge into TV. Till then use our CRT tvs for watching our TV channels.
(Its a compromise for many, but not bad idea i think in the long term). Bcoz mostly our big screen TVs are useful for movies & games (which will look gr8 in 100" screen + PJ).

There r other factors like PJ bulb replacement etc.. which needs to be considered too..

This is just my personal opinion. Lets discuss the pros and cons of each...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back