Leap into oblivion - Partly Dedicated Room

fLUX

So after tumbling down the rabbit hole last year, I set my sights on having a dedicated room with partial room treatment. After numerous mistakes and learning experiences , have adjusted and setup the room to sound acoustically good to the best possible extent .

90G4E0s.jpg

LsOxwmH.jpg

rK5TGOt.jpg

DlIVoiE.jpg

hnjDyox.jpg

GfZd9S0.jpg

As it stands below is the setup
For HT 7.2.4 - Focal Aria 926 fronts , Focal Aria CC900 centers , Indiq Platinum Surrounds, Polk FXI A6 rear surround , Monoprice Atmos speakers*4 , XTZ 12.17 edge. Front 3 is powered by X4500h - > Indiq Saptak and rest via the AVR.
Source is the Xbox one x / PC , display is a 120 inch screen projecting only about 95 inches via the Epson 9400W ( had a short throw before hence the bigger screen). 2 XTZ 12.17 edge subwoofer placed behind the recliners (still experimenting on the placement, but first impressions are good for this position)

For Stereo -
i) Project Debut Carbon TT -> Behringer PP -> Nelson Pass Design ACP pre -> Indiq Saptak/Cayin A50T (w RCA tubes)- > Focal Aria 926 / Indiq Platinum Achal
ii) PC(USB) / PW Link(Opt) -> Denafrip Ares II -> Nelson Pass Design ACP Pre > Indiq Saptak - > Focal Aria 926 / Indiq Platinum Achal

Cables - Using murthys power cables for dac/preamp & power amp. Interconnects are predominantly Belden 8402, front speaker is powered with mogami 2804 and rest with Belden 8477.

Recliner- Little Nap Millor,
A/V Rack- SF Double Width Rack

Room acoustics- 2 corner bass traps , absorption at front stage and back. Intend to add aural exchange diffusion absorption panels behind speakers

Wire management efforts pending now.

Wow, that's a lovely setup. Can you share details on that CPU cabinet which is glowing magnificently in the corner?
I have the aural exchange diffusion-absorption panels. They made a significant difference to my room.

And, just curious. You are using the Indiq Platinum achals as surrounds? A 3-way tower speaker for surrounds? May I know the rationale?

Wow, that's a lovely setup. Can you share details on that CPU cabinet which is glowing magnificently in the corner?
I have the aural exchange diffusion-absorption panels. They made a significant difference to my room.

And, just curious. You are using the Indiq Platinum achals as surrounds? A 3-way tower speaker for surrounds? May I know the rationale?
Thanks, the CPU cabinet is Lian Li o11 Dynamic . The Indiq Achal function as surrounds only for HT, the primary reason I got them was to form my alternate stereo setup and I regularly run them for a good portion of a month on the front purely for stereo listening too.

Oh wow awesome setup there. Looks fantastic.

Front 3 is powered by X4500h - > Indiq Saptak and rest via the AVR.
You mean, front 3 are powered by Inidiq power amp via receiver's preout and the rest of the speakers directly from the receiver?

Does the mirror on the green wall not cause any issues? How did you measure the room for treating it? Do you have the Before and After treatment graphs?

MaSh

So after tumbling down the rabbit hole last year, I set my sights on having a dedicated room with partial room treatment. After numerous mistakes and learning experiences , have adjusted and setup the room to sound acoustically good to the best possible extent .

90G4E0s.jpg

LsOxwmH.jpg

rK5TGOt.jpg

DlIVoiE.jpg

hnjDyox.jpg

GfZd9S0.jpg

As it stands below is the setup
For HT 7.2.4 - Focal Aria 926 fronts , Focal Aria CC900 centers , Indiq Platinum Surrounds, Polk FXI A6 rear surround , Monoprice Atmos speakers*4 , XTZ 12.17 edge. Front 3 is powered by X4500h - > Indiq Saptak and rest via the AVR.
Source is the Xbox one x / PC , display is a 120 inch screen projecting only about 95 inches via the Epson 9400W ( had a short throw before hence the bigger screen). 2 XTZ 12.17 edge subwoofer placed behind the recliners (still experimenting on the placement, but first impressions are good for this position)

For Stereo -
i) Project Debut Carbon TT -> Behringer PP -> Nelson Pass Design ACP pre -> Indiq Saptak/Cayin A50T (w RCA tubes)- > Focal Aria 926 / Indiq Platinum Achal
ii) PC(USB) / PW Link(Opt) -> Denafrip Ares II -> Nelson Pass Design ACP Pre > Indiq Saptak - > Focal Aria 926 / Indiq Platinum Achal

Cables - Using murthys power cables for dac/preamp & power amp. Interconnects are predominantly Belden 8402, front speaker is powered with mogami 2804 and rest with Belden 8477.

Recliner- Little Nap Millor,
A/V Rack- SF Double Width Rack

Room acoustics- 2 corner bass traps , absorption at front stage and back. Intend to add aural exchange diffusion absorption panels behind speakers

Wire management efforts pending now.
Hi congrats v nice and exiting setup.so many gadgets on the shelf.
My only concern is height of the screen.wont it cause neck strain.its always better to have screen at lower level to avoid neck stiffness.you can move the rack to one side except centre speaker and try to bring down the height of screen.happy listening

A visual delight. I assume it’s an auditory treat as well. Why do you call it ‘partially dedicated’? It’s a proper den - reminds of the (back then) futuristic Bolly flick of the 80’s - ‘Shaan’! You can lord it like ‘Shakaal’ from those couches. I see the croc-filled underfloor pond has now gone virtual with whales on the screen! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow awesome setup there. Looks fantastic.

You mean, front 3 are powered by Inidiq power amp via receiver's preout and the rest of the speakers directly from the receiver?

Does the mirror on the green wall not cause any issues? How did you measure the room for treating it? Do you have the Before and After treatment graphs?

MaSh

Yup front 3 powered via the PA from the preouts and rest from the receiver.

The mirror would likely cause issues , but its a wardrobe and mirror is built within the door. Only long term option in future is to change the sliding doors. I just open the door and that helps avoid the mirror as first reflection point. I just treated the usual spots, wall behind the speakers and behind listening spot, unfortunately first reflection points along the side walls are not easily treatable due to presence of wardrobe.

Hi congrats v nice and exiting setup.so many gadgets on the shelf.
My only concern is height of the screen.wont it cause neck strain.its always better to have screen at lower level to avoid neck stiffness.you can move the rack to one side except centre speaker and try to bring down the height of screen.happy listening

Thanks Girish, for viewing it straight it does cause neck strain, but our usual viewing height is post reclining at an angle so there is no neck strain (atleast visibly). If I notice any strain in near future will certainly get down the screen to further levels.

A visual delight. I assume it’s an auditory treat as well. Why do you call it ‘partially dedicated’? It’s a proper den - reminds of the (back then) futuristic Bolly flick of the 80’s - ‘Shaan’! You can lord it like ‘Shakaal’ from those couches. I see the croc-filled underfloor pond has now gone virtual with whales on the screen! :)
Haha , very nice analogy. Shakaal had control over the house, here i am sacrificing one of my other demands per change in the room :D

Lovely room and setup. Congrats.
Thanks

Nice setup. How much was the recliner?

Thanks.

It varies based on the franchise handling distribution in your area. The MRP quoted for Little Nap Millor is 61.5k directly from company and Bangalore franchisee quoted mrp as 73/75k odd. Post that depending on quantity you order, you can bargain on the same

Yup front 3 powered via the PA from the preouts and rest from the receiver.

The mirror would likely cause issues , but its a wardrobe and mirror is built within the door. Only long term option in future is to change the sliding doors. I just open the door and that helps avoid the mirror as first reflection point. I just treated the usual spots, wall behind the speakers and behind listening spot, unfortunately first reflection points along the side walls are not easily treatable due to presence of wardrobe.

Thanks Girish, for viewing it straight it does cause neck strain, but our usual viewing height is post reclining at an angle so there is no neck strain (atleast visibly). If I notice any strain in near future will certainly get down the screen to further levels.

Haha , very nice analogy. Shakaal had control over the house, here i am sacrificing one of my other demands per change in the room :D

Thanks

Isn't sliding door that you have the best option! Love it for many reasons. Especially space saving.

I use my wardrobe for one other purpose :) I leave it open in places, clothes inside act as absorbers/diffusers, etc... Cheap..but I guess it helps tame bass at higher volumes..

Thanks @jenson, it indeed is the best option. I too have been doing that to avoid reflection & also to add some amount of absorption , was wondering if adding an actual absorber to sit there during temporary listening sessions would be more effective though.

imho, diffractors work better than absorption...but then they take up space and it's an additional piece of furniture.

Thanks.

It varies based on the franchise handling distribution in your area. The MRP quoted for Little Nap Millor is 61.5k directly from company and Bangalore franchisee quoted mrp as 73/75k odd. Post that depending on quantity you order, you can bargain on the same
Hey, such a cool set up!
Is the Millor price for each or the set?

Hey, such a cool set up!
Is the Millor price for each or the set?
Thanks, the quoted price is for each. You can get it for lower if you skip franchisees but might cause issues in local service.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back